The mkiv Supra Owners Club

to all those who went tt to single

TRD-Rob

well ive been told i can afford it :p

I think Jamie is referring to running costs rather than the conversion costs. You've already established you can offord the conversion cost (you're 75% of the way there already), but single produce a lot fo extra wear on the drivetrain, so you need to factor in higher running costs and the potential for something expensive to go wrong at some point.

For the record, mine near doubled, £650 to £1250.

I think Jamie is referring to running costs rather than the conversion costs. You've already established you can offord the conversion cost (you're 75% of the way there already), but single produce a lot fo extra wear on the drivetrain, so you need to factor in higher running costs and the potential for something expensive to go wrong at some point.

He's lying. Nothing ever goes wrong with 'em. Honest! :innocent:

For the record, mine near doubled, £650 to £1250.

you told me i was 90% of the way there :tongue:

No broken diffs on this car:p

Do you think there was something 'odd' with the rear end of your old car in the end then?

I remember suggesting something along those lines aaaaaaaaaaagggeeeesssssssssss ago.

Cheers,

Brian.

Do you think there was something 'odd' with the rear end of your old car in the end then?

I remember suggesting something along those lines aaaaaaaaaaagggeeeesssssssssss ago.

Cheers,

Brian.

TBH no (i did think that and put a complete new rear subframe on it and had a geo setup done but still broke the diffs) i did a lot of rolling burnouts and big drifts in that car, ive not given this one anywhere near that type of abuse.

It only broke 2 TT diffs, the rest was small na diffs.

Done properly (ie including bigger brakes, much stronger clutch and suspension etc) then there should be no extra cost. Your tyre bills, pad wear, fuel, oil and consumables will be higher than TT though.

I think Jamies POV was that after building to a sufficiently high spec to ensure no concerns over reliability, stopping and turning, then under £1k isnt an issue.

Im 28 and had approx 20% increase on premiums, but also had an SP30 in that time.

TBH no (i did think that and put a complete new rear subframe on it and had a geo setup done but still broke the diffs) i did a lot of rolling burnouts and big drifts in that car, ive not given this one anywhere near that type of abuse.

It only broke 2 TT diffs, the rest was small na diffs.

In that case I wonder how my TRD will hold up when I go single - you'd probably not be too surprised to hear I like to indulge in similar antics... :D

Most folks think I'm old and sensible though. It's a nice front :cool: