The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Nearly Stolen Lastnight

Paul Laing

Not as bad as it sounds, no break in to the car. I was upstairs in the computer room and my girlfriend was in my bedroom. My parents were both in the living room downstairs so when I heard the front door open (makes a chime) I thought to myself, eh that’s not anyone from downstairs so went to the top of the stairs and looked over….Some little skinny AR$EHOLE was standing in the hallway eyeing up my keys!! It was around 10pm and my car was on the street (should have put it in the garage, was about to) Anyway I shouted then chased after him, alerting my dad aswell and we both gave chase but he was away, chasing his mate in a Black BMW or Audi A4 up the street. He had the lights off and his mate eventually let him in the car halfway up the street.

They have the nerve for anything these days, just glad I disturbed them and they got nothing. They were definitely after my keys as the Police officer said that in 2 weeks there had been 15 high powered and luxury cars stolen this way!!!! I think from now on when I get in from work, the beast goes away!

And when I get my kit and wheels put onto it, it’ll be even more of a target, great!

Just heard from the Police that a Black BMW that was stolen lastnight was found, there taking fingerprints from it, and also pictures of there tracks as they went up onto the grass infront of my house. Hope these get caught!!!

Paul

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had nightmares about stuff like this happening, then I bought my new supe with Clifford 600 anti-hijacking (key code etc) - now I have nightmares about forgetting to put the code in every time the door opens & the bloody thing shutting down on me 50m down the road, with the police siren alarm blaring out of it!

Glad to hear them punks didn't get your car, I really hope they get caught. If they do, will you go to court if needed to add the breaking & entering, to the other offences (BMW) With any luck they'll get time & b*mf*c*ed in prison!

Sorry - went a bit OTT then!

Scummy little *hits. Thick people like that wouldn't have a clue on how to steal a car with today's alarms/immobilisers etc so sadly key theft is the way they do it. Cant believe anyone would have to cheek to walk into anyone's house and just pick up the keys whilst everyone is still awake!

Everyone needs to keep all your keys hidden and no where near the door.

Originally posted by SupraRuss

always keep your keys in a safe place, preferably within 5metres of you and next to a bat.

Its a good idea but not many people keep bats as pets. Besides it would fly away!:p

Glad to hear your car is safe mate, problem is, if they really want it your garage door won't stop em.

But they would have to do it when you weren't there.

It was a good wake up call, but thats just cos they never got the keys, if they had got the keys and took the car it would have been sickening. I’d go to court yeah if I had to, but I never saw a face….just his jacket and leg.

They *hit themselves like, they were like frightened rabbits running up the street! Just wish I’d caught him!!!!

Where I live is a nice area, guess they must be targeting those areas….The Police said 40-50k BMW’s had been taken etc…..Shocking!

The door was open! It's allways locked aswell, yet the one time it's not locked they try it!

I'm allways with the car, so they'd never get it from the garage, and i allways have my girlfriends on the drive infront of the garage, and my mams behind that so i should be ok there....

Paul

Scary mate! Seems a lot of this going around.

A good friend of mine had hers stolen this way. Scared this piss outa her for weeks because they broke into her house through her conservatory while she was home alone upstairs!! Went through all that trouble for taking a Renault Megane Cabriolet.

I personally keep an aluminum baseball bat near my front entrance. God help the poor soul if I ever catch him breaking into my house or car!

:twak:

If the front door had only been locked!!! They might have damaged the car then though....But from now on the door will be locked, and the car in the garage!

I have a nice bat in my room, but i didn't have time to grab it. Can't believe they had the bottle to try the door handle and walk into my house like! I wish i'd got them, me and my dad went out after them in his focus but couldn't see them.....

Paul

Someting else to be aware of: If your H&C insurance is like mine, they have a definition for theft which goes along the lines that your house must have been broken into and items taken. If they walk in through an unlocked door chances are they wouldn't pay out for anything that was nicked because you effectively invited them in.

Bollox I know, but that seems to be how it works with some companies.

I agree with all said here, but I don't keep a baseball bat with me cause it's not worth it. What ya going to do with it? I'll tell you what, end up in the nick. You'd only have to scare the little s**ts with it and you'll be the one locked up, not them. Even hiding your keys can be a mistake cause if they have to look for them and accidentally trip over something or fall down the stairs trying to sneak around your house then they can sue you! I hate this country. :mad:

I know. My personal opinion is that if someone breaks the law then they cannot expect the law to protect them. So if someone breaks into your house and trips and breaks their neck, tuff. Or if they accidentally walk into your fist, tuff again. As long as some one doesn't take the piss (ie. continue beating them after you've broken their legs) then I think it should be fair play.

Originally posted by Supraguy

I might be in nick, but he wont walk anytime soon.

I'm With you there mate, I’d have anyone entering my house! He must have tripped officer, I found him on the road like this! Theres no way I’d ever let someone walk around my house looking for keys!

Originally posted by mawby

I agree with all said here, but I don't keep a baseball bat with me cause it's not worth it. What ya going to do with it? I'll tell you what, end up in the nick. You'd only have to scare the little s**ts with it and you'll be the one locked up, not them. Even hiding your keys can be a mistake cause if they have to look for them and accidentally trip over something or fall down the stairs trying to sneak around your house then they can sue you! I hate this country. :mad:

I hate this country too, I am just in the process of taking a job as Sales Manager in our company with the specific view of moving to our American office in a couple of years time.

I am currently a project engineer so this is a big change.

Its like that farmer dude who shot that guy for breaking in and got sent down himself, makes me sick:banghead:

Originally posted by Steve W2

Its like that farmer dude who shot that guy for breaking in and got sent down himself, makes me sick:banghead:

Tony Martin? The guy murdered a 16 year old burglar as he was leaving the house. Shot him in the back with a shotgun as the kid was climbing back out of the window.

Seems a little excessive to me.

Originally posted by Jake

Tony Martin? The guy murdered a 16 year old burglar as he was leaving the house. Shot him in the back with a shotgun as the kid was climbing back out of the window.

Seems a little excessive to me.

I'd call it slow target acquisition :)

-Ian