The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering Selling the Supra

hadyn

OK all,

I've been thinking about this over the last couple of weeks. As you know, I deeply love my Supra and I have had two Supras over a period of nearly 5 years :)

However as great as my Supra is, I need a car which meets my current needs in life. At the moment that requires somehting that can lug two big hefty dogs about, seat 4 people and luggage when required and still be quick :)

The only thing I can think that meets this criteria is a Legacy GTB twin turbo :)

http://www.4guys.co.nz/the5thdimension/uploads/10702_00.jpg

I know I'll miss my Supra when its gone, but at the moment it doesnt have all the practicality I require. I think a legacy with twin turbos, 4wd and 280bhp will fit the bill nicely though and will meet the needs of my current lifestyle :)

If I do plump to sell, the Supra will be put on sale and I'll only go after a new car once the Supra has sold. As you all know in the current economic climate, that means it could be on the market for years, but you never know ;)

I'd really appreciate all your opinions on this, as I havent quite made up my mind yet.

Cheers :)

Dont do it mate :), keep the supe put a cover over her and only take it off at weekends get your self a 5 door scooby for runabout :)

make sure if you are selling take her for a last spin at the nurburgring next month drop us a pm if your interested in coming with us !!

The Legacy is a wise buy, less common, still has the Japanese strenghts and as a result is a smashing car for the money.

Fwiw, my Supra is only taken out on rare occasions and I have a daily driver, have you considered an older practical car as a run around?

I don't know your financial state, but if you can afford a daily driver there are plenty of good cars like Honda Accord estates, Saab 95 Hot Aero's, Volvo T5 etc available for not a great deal of money for great cars.

If it's not practical enough then it has to go mate, not much you can do about that.

As an alternative, what about an S4 Estate or a Nissan Stagea?

The Stagea or the Legacy would be the two most appealing options, would an Impreza estate be big enough? Ive always thought BMW made good looking estates, but that would just be sacrilege as theyre German, and therefore from the wrong country! :taped:

You as well then mate, not an easy car to replace, especially with something a little more sensible but fast, sounds like a Stagea sound about right or RS4, but a little expensive.

I am in a quandary as what would replace mine but still give me a sense of something special.

I really like the Legacy GTB though. I like the stealthy looks and they offer 280 bhp 60manual 4wd performance (0-60 in 5.8 seconds) with all that practicality.

Most of the Stageas are autos and I dont really want an auto :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK.

Took the Supra out for a proper drive on a private test track this evening. The reason I did this is that I really dont get that much oportunity to drive the car properly and open her up and really just wanted to drive for drivings sake

The car mainly sits in traffic and drives a short distance to work every day and thats it. Tonight I opened up both blowers and I must say the car felt more MONSTEROUS than it usually does if that makes sense? It might be that it rarely gets driven properly outside of a dragstrip and that it felt really alive tonight. It might also be a Christine type way of telling me not to let her go

After tonights driving, I'm thinking that I really cant live without the Supra experience. On the roll with both turbos online it seriously feels like theres nothing in the world that could keep up with this car. I know thats childish, but thats the way it makes me feel.

Legacy TT and Supra might be the future kids, I just dont know. I still dont think I can justify two cars.