The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Still looking for that elusive good condition 6 speed Supra? Consider this...

sdistc

Now, I am *not* the owner of this car, nor is this a For Sale thread - but it seems a shame that some of you over here in Blighty are looking for good cars but can't find them....... so I thought I might throw an Australian car into the mix for those who like thinking outside the box.

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=51740

Cliffs: great car (low mile 6 speed BPU, lots of new stock parts, motivated seller) but in Australia.

Am loving that motor and it has had some serious time and effort getting it to that standard. Great link and well worth a look. What would the import cost be for something like that compared to doing that level of work yourself?

12.5k?

Plus the import of it? Not sure you couldnt find one here for that money. Failing that Jurg could import a cracker.

It's not worth it.;)

Guys, while I haven't been here for a great length of time, I have friends here who have bought or who are still looking for a QUALITY 6 speed locally for a decent price. Most seem to be in the vicinity of £6-8k and have 100+k miles.

The vehicle in question has essentially an entirely new parts catalogue in many areas, on a relatively low mileage straight chassis. While it will cost probably £15k to import, I think if you add up the cost of all the new bits + labour on top of the asking price of a local vehicle you'll find this price is very competitive.

Am loving that motor and it has had some serious time and effort getting it to that standard. Great link and well worth a look. What would the import cost be for something like that compared to doing that level of work yourself?

Completel agree - and to be honest, if I didn't want to live in debt again, I would buy this. The ONLY thing this vehicle doesn't have in its favour is the lack of optional factory bodykit.

Not sure what the local prices from Toyota are, but in Australia they are very expensive for genuine replacements (even if sourced through Japan / US / Hong Kong) - so I would anticipate it costing about £10k to buy that parts list here.

What are the things that appear to be stuck on the body underneath the rear quarter windows?

For a tv i would guess

Even the owner isn't sure - they were there from original import from Japan. Some kind of high-tech reason (such as a TV, as The Raven suggested) would be the logical conclusion.

• 7 months later...