The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door inner moisture barrier alternative???

edd_t

My window motor broke a few weeks back. When replacing it I found that the moisture barrier inside the door had been ripped to pieces, no doubt by the chump that installed my alarm.

At the same time I've found that my speakers have destroyed themselves, the cones just flaked away :(

So I've bought some new speaker brackets from TrickTT and have decided to replace the moisture barrier at the same time.

Is there any after market stuff people would recommend? Ideally with some sort of noise insulation I guess. (and not too expensive :))

Cheers,

Edd...

A lot of people just dont bother replacing it. I don't think it makes that much of a difference. If you really feel the need to barrier the door you could use dynamat or e-dead (sound deadening). Thus insulating and improving the acoustic properties of the door?

I have used e-dead as it was a fraction of the cost of dynamat and identical in property and application.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

I would recommend replacing the rain screen as you will end up with a water leak into the cabin.

In work we use a thick sheet of polythene and stick it to the door with spray glue but i also run a small bead of sikaflex around the outer edge and tape it down with masking tape just to make sure no water gets through.