The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new to supra , pls i need some advice

luisito-awo

Engine swap and a single turbo kit.

To do it properly your looking at at least 8-12k including labour and mapping for the single kit and all the extra bits like fueling, ecu, fmic, guages etc.

Then i'd say another 2k ontop of that for the engine swap including a TT auto box.

Add 2-3k if you want (and can find) a 6 speed manual (the NA 5 speed will not take 500bhp).

Not forgetting decent brakes. Uk spec or better. Thats another 1k minimum.

Probably a decent set of wheels and tyres to put the power down. Say 2k for that at least.

Then you have exhaust etc...

So i would say 15k to 20k at least. when all is said and done.

But then ive never done a single conversion but ive seen plenty done. You can pull it off cheep for maybe 8-10k if you do the work yourself.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

You can get a turbo kit for an NA, but if i recall correctly you will be struggleing to get it to 500bhp. And you will have to throw a lot of money at it. I dont think either of the NA geerboxes (unless your lucky and its a 6 speed) will take that power/torque.

Im also not sure the stock NA internals will take that power.

Your still looking in the region of 10k at least with all the supporting mods.

Getting a TT to 500bhp in comparison is easy as the engine internals and driveline are stronger.

Getting a TT to 400bhp will only set you back £1500 or so but the jump to 500 as i said above will be a lot more expensive.

And before you ask you cant get 500bhp from your NA without a turbo of some kind :p

if you want a proper 500hp car than get a TT supra and forget the NA, you will save yourself a lot of grief in the long run. then go single on that. like guigsy you can get over 400hp out of the supra by just basic upgrades and maybe hybrid turbos. if you dont have the budget then dont go for it because you will cut corners and destroy the car, seriously, do a few searches, theres a reason why memebers spend huge amount sof cash on these big upgrades.

Didn't realise it cost that much for the singles, but my advice would be to pay that outright at purchase and try and source one which is either converted or a car that at the very least gives you a good starting point.

Guest jtjerry
Didn't realise it cost that much for the singles, but my advice would be to pay that outright at purchase and try and source one which is either converted or a car that at the very least gives you a good starting point.

buy c6 vette and forget that ugly word "tuning" .

TUNING mean only big money wasted and endless - even bigger -frustration.

belive me: buy car that is fast right out of the box. do not try "tuning" especially something that can not transfer big power to the pavment. Supra is ideal car that do not want transfer power to ground.

somebody wrote there you need 20k for 500 hp. excuse me? 20 K!!!!??? for somethig that looks like moder talking? for something that not matter 400-500 or 600 hp it still make same 12 sec quater mile?

for that money you could try fing c6 vette that even in stock low 400 hp "only" setup will be lighting years ahead supra-dupra.

do not try "tuning" any car, especially supra-dupra. buy fast car that is fast from factory. life is too short to mess up with shit.

earn some money and buy fast car. you will be happy then.

I pay lot of money to learn that lesson.

do not duplicate anothers mistakes.......

especially something that can not transfer big power to the pavment

Ah, I see the flaw in your little explanation/rant/dummy out of pram moment/inane scribblings - you see, on this planet we drive on a road. The pavement (correct spelling you'll note) is where the softer items (we call them pedestrians) attempt to get about their lives without fear of being mown down by six-fingered swamp fodder in their 'Vettes.

Give my regards to your sister/wife, I like her tooth.

do plenty of research before you go ahead, get prices from several traders,find out from members who have gone single as to who they used and if they where happy with the price and workmanship you dont want to spend that kind of money and get ripped off, or as has been said by a single from the forum or maybe jurgen could find you one to import lots of ways to go if you have a large budget :D

Blah blah blah

Why would you want a Corvette? :blink:

If the 'tuning' is done right by trusted garages and recommended mechanics/tuners, then there is no problem. It's when you go to cowboys that things start going wrong and getting expensive.

I'd rather have a nicely tuned, cosmetically pleasing single-Supra than a crappy 'Vette. Super cars FTL, they break WAY more often! Just ask Clarkson about his Ford GT! :D

Engine swap and a single turbo kit.

To do it properly your looking at at least 8-12k including labour and mapping for the single kit and all the extra bits like fueling, ecu, fmic, guages etc.

Then i'd say another 2k ontop of that for the engine swap including a TT auto box.

Add 2-3k if you want (and can find) a 6 speed manual (the NA 5 speed will not take 500bhp).

Not forgetting decent brakes. Uk spec or better. Thats another 1k minimum.

Probably a decent set of wheels and tyres to put the power down. Say 2k for that at least.

Then you have exhaust etc...

So i would say 15k to 20k at least. when all is said and done.

But then ive never done a single conversion but ive seen plenty done. You can pull it off cheep for maybe 8-10k if you do the work yourself.

For 15-20k i would want more than 500 ponies considering a bpu car can push upto 420

BPU + Nos ? About 1k spend which would make you 14-19k better off

You can get a turbo kit for an NA, but if i recall correctly you will be struggleing to get it to 500bhp. And you will have to throw a lot of money at it. I dont think either of the NA geerboxes (unless your lucky and its a 6 speed) will take that power/torque.

Im also not sure the stock NA internals will take that power.

Your still looking in the region of 10k at least with all the supporting mods.

Getting a TT to 500bhp in comparison is easy as the engine internals and driveline are stronger.

Getting a TT to 400bhp will only set you back £1500 or so but the jump to 500 as i said above will be a lot more expensive.

And before you ask you cant get 500bhp from your NA without a turbo of some kind :p

wel forget the 500 hp i just want to make a 12.50 to 13.50 sec pass on 1/4 do i need 500 hp to run that time??

Guest jtjerry
I pay lot of money to learn that lesson.

but not English :p

nigdy huju jebany nie nauczysz sie mojego tak jak ja znam twój piedolony psedo-jezyk ryży huju wyjebany 1000 lat temu przez wikingów

z twojej pierdolonej wielkiej brytani zostało zajebiste kurewskie murzyńskie wielkie gówno

do you understand what I wrote ? no? so go learn or try google hahahahahahah ryży huju

I only try aware that poor guy before he start dumping money to something that simple do not want move fast. there is a lot cars that accelerate, turn and stop. supra isnt that kind of car.

and looks as modern talking age ...cheri cheri lady...

I only try aware that poor guy before he start dumping money to something that simple do not want move fast. there is a lot cars that accelerate, turn and stop. supra isnt that kind of car.

But a "vette" wont turn or stop so why mention that?

Ever thought that the guy may be after a good car for day to day use and for the odd quarter mile run? He also said the car was cheap (this was his reason for buying) so he could either spend £25k on a car he could use day to day and on the track or spend at least twice that for some american junk that will fall to bits in a few years, has medieval suspension and practically no brakes. Sounds like a no brainer to me :rolleyes: