The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where can I buy replacement wheel studs?

nick_karkie

Hi, I dont know if anyone will be able to help me with this but, I have just had my Wheelmania Vortex R rims refurbished and the guy is telling me that they would look better if I replaced the studs that go around the edge of the wheel, he says they are just plastic but would look much better if I could get some decent ones. Anyone know where I can get hold of some?

thanks

Nick

Guest Budz86

Tried Wheelmania? It's quite doubtful you can buy them though, unless you get something that is designed for another purpose. They will just want you to buy another set of rims instead! Robbing bar....

What size are the holes that the plastic studs fit into ? you could get st/st splitrim bolts or cap heads to fit and either tap threads into the holes or glue them in with loctite, theyd need to be a tight fit though if they were glued in

Or you could get custom studs made if you need enough off them

This where i bought my new splitrim nuts and bolts from, exellant company to deal with and quality goods, there not cheap so when youve got the size of the hole if it can be tapped out just get off the shelf bolts from a local supplier.

http://www.titanium-touch.de/titanium_touch_index_uk.htm

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Do the plastic ones youve got screw into the wheel ? most ive seen are glued in, if there screwed in then youll need to know the pitch of the thread.

You dont really need high quality bolts as there only for show, you might get something off the shelf here, i have several suppliers i use so if you want M6 in st/st i can get them cheaper than the place i linked to, i had 200 nuts and bolts and the bill was over £200 but i couldnt get what i wanted here as mine were M7 x 32 x 1 in a very high quality st/st.

I believe they screw in becuae the guy told me he had to drill a couple of them out. I will find out tomorrow when I pick them up and let you know thanks Dnk :). I am not looking for expensive ones. Just have decent metallic bolts

If they are threaded then it should be a very easy fix once we know what the thread size is.

I have my doubts though and think there just glued into drilled holes.

I recall doing some with Ibrar at Speedwells, i'll check with him to see if they were the same wheel.

Hi all, I got the wheels back and there was no real problem with the studs, they glued back in and look fine. Here are some pics of the refurb, I don't have any before shots but anyone who knows wheelmania's laquer effect knows that it gets ruined very quickly. The guys at Diamond Styling in Kent refurbed my wheels and put a slightly darker carbon colour on the centre pieces.

One thing that really p****d me off, the holes for the wheels nuts are very small on these wheels and I slightly scratched the new paint when putting them back on. Does anyone know where I can buy a wrench with a slightly smaller head so I dont keep doing this every time I remove the wheels or is it possible to buy nuts with a smaller head ??

All thats left now is to paint the active front spoiler and possibly fit the TRD wing I have but I quite like the car without the spoiler.