The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift front indicators

Fitz

Right just bought a second hand pair of Facelift front indicators and I want to make it so that there are sidelights and indicators in the new ones, and keep the sidelights in the old ones too.

I've read through the FAQ and as all the pictures have been deleted (maybe closed account or time restraints?) I'm a bit lost on the stages.

I know it's all written there, but I like images to follow on from (more of a visual learner) so, not sure where to start.

Anyone know where I can go to get these images or better still does anyone know who could fit it on my behalf, garage/member?

Any help is always most appreciated.

Cliff

Its a canter buddy, all you need to do is splice into the earth from the indicator and attach it to the earth of the new sidelight and then splice into the original sidelight positive and attach that to the new sidelight positive. 1.5m of wire would take care of it :)

Its a canter buddy, all you need to do is splice into the earth from the indicator and attach it to the earth of the new sidelight and then splice into the original sidelight positive and attach that to the new sidelight positive. 1.5m of wire would take care of it :)

you make it all seem so easy :(

Right just bought a second hand pair of Facelift front indicators and I want to make it so that there are sidelights and indicators in the new ones, and keep the sidelights in the old ones too.

I've read through the FAQ and as all the pictures have been deleted (maybe closed account or time restraints?) I'm a bit lost on the stages.

I know it's all written there, but I like images to follow on from (more of a visual learner) so, not sure where to start.

Anyone know where I can go to get these images or better still does anyone know who could fit it on my behalf, garage/member?

Any help is always most appreciated.

Cliff

I used that guide minus the photos too. Been like that for ages unfortuneatly. Give it a go. It's not that hard and once you see what's what you'll fly along.

My advice;

Only thing that the guide said (from memory) is that the 3rd bolt on the facelift indicators isn't needed. I kinda disagree with this and drilling a third hole isn't a big deal and makes it much more stable.

Oh and get yourself some philips silver vision bulbs for the indicator lights to finish it off ;)

Oh I see, there isn't two wires for each bulb, my bad, forget I said anything. :D

There is but thats a messy way to do it. On a stock facelift the earth is shared between the indicator and the sidelight for neatness. Much better to do it that way IMO, saves wire and keeps it a little bit tidier :D