The mkiv Supra Owners Club

would this be good idea

trinitom

The stock SMIC ducting does a very good job directing air through the IC when moving, I wouldnt bother with a fan, as already mentioned it would only help when sat in traffic and prob cause a restriction when motoring.

As for WI on a BPU, I would say its a good idea as the little stock tubbies when pushed outside there effeciency will generate more heat than a single setup running in its effeciency island ;)

Look at it this way - when under high boost and load (load being the key factor) you're going to be doing 60+mph. If the fan can shift air through it at 60mph while stationary it will match the flow at a genuine 60mph, but once the car reaches that speed it will become a restriction (lowering efficiency below that of a system without a fan) and cause higher load on the electrical system.

The stock system is fine for all but the most power hungry single/big twin systems

PS: Above is just an example, in reality the fan pushes air through at much lower rates than 60mph ;)

Look at it this way - when under high boost and load (load being the key factor) you're going to be doing 60+mph. If the fan can shift air through it at 60mph while stationary it will match the flow at a genuine 60mph, but once the car reaches that speed it will become a restriction (lowering efficiency below that of a system without a fan) and cause higher load on the electrical system.

The stock system is fine for all but the most power hungry single/big twin systems

PS: Above is just an example, in reality the fan pushes air through at much lower rates than 60mph ;)

it’s a good example, but the fan will not work every time!

i was thinking in a switch and activate it when sitting on traffic or on very hot days.

anyway here the limit is 40 miles.

i think i will give it a tray since my bumper is out, and see the results on dino.

it’s a good example, but the fan will not work every time!

i was thinking in a switch and activate it when sitting on traffic or on very hot days.

anyway here the limit is 40 miles.

i think i will give it a tray since my bumper is out, and see the results on dino.

You are missing the point here....

The fan surround and motor will ADD a restriction and less air will flow through the IC.... The only thing you will do is cool it when you aren't moving but when you are you will cause it to get hotter.

The IC will flow less air during idling anyway, and will need the airflow when on boost. You are far better off wiring in a small water pump and spraying water on the IC through a spray bar.

You are missing the point here....

The fan surround and motor will ADD a restriction and less air will flow through the IC.... The only thing you will do is cool it when you aren't moving but when you are you will cause it to get hotter.

The IC will flow less air during idling anyway, and will need the airflow when on boost. You are far better off wiring in a small water pump and spraying water on the IC through a spray bar.

yep i see your point!

i didn't wad a look behind the IC, so not sure about the flow restriction this will cause!

but if you people say it, must be right!

another option that i was considering was fit it on the radiator (right bottom) nearly the water exit.