The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bonnet catch

fizzle

Guest Rays the roof
yes i have searched tried solutions but failed...

anyway my drivers side catch isnt catchin i moved the catch as high as i can but its still not latching! please help!!

I had this issue and found that the latch was not releasing due to cable being out of shape (position) after bonnet removed and refitted. Test with a screw driver (careful as it closes with real force) and check cable from central realease catch behind bumper to bonnet is not twisted!!

If that doesn't work I have a spare that you can have! ;)

Good luck

Ray

tested it with screw driver and worked fine, the latch is fine (releases as normal) will go check 4 wire twists.

it just feels like the catch isn't high enough to lock on but it was fine on my last bonnet, it was the passenger side that struggled :s

Guest Rays the roof
tested it with screw driver and worked fine, the latch is fine (releases as normal) will go check 4 wire twists.

it just feels like the catch isn't high enough to lock on but it was fine on my last bonnet, it was the passenger side that struggled :s

Is the bonnet straight? Is the catch lined up when you put the bonnet down?

Exactly the same problem on mine, there's a twist to the bonnet and it never caught properly and took a bit of playing to catch, but now the garage I took it to for the MOT tried to 'fix it' and now it won't ccatch at all? I'm about to get some aero catches as they're supposed to be more secure anyway, anyonne know where to get them from?

I had big problems like this fixing my carbon bonnet, the latches on the bonnet side has a slight angle on them ( the aft edge is about 2mm lower than the front edge) it wasn't till I sussed this could I fix the prob, I put a tapered packer under the latch in the end and problem fixed :)

been prattin with it for an hour now still cant get it.... noticed the loop on the drivers side is smaller(shorter) than passenger side. tried to add tape nail etc but not havin it, reckon i need at least another 5-6 mm but if bar is too fat it wont catch either... ffs this is doin my head in!