The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can somebody help!!!

dublin lad

i bought a hks induction kit for my 5 speed n.a from a forum member. my problem is while trying to fit it i can across two problems.

1. the airsensor on the standard box,where does this need to go an the hks induction one.

2. the induction kit does not fit into the plastic pipe,even though the hks kit came off a j-spec tt.

any ideas/help would be helpful cheers guys/girls.

darren.

Now you've descovered its the wrong one just get rid of it and replace the pannel filter in the stock airbox. HKS mushroom filters are bad. I'd use the term "filter" loosely, Its also going to be sucking in hot air for the engine bay rather than having freshly ducted air from outside like the stock system does.

cheers guys now that i have found that magical search button i should have looked before i shelled out 55 smackers oh well i guess its up for sale. so i take its just best to get a trd green or k&n panel filter.

cheers for advice.

Nope, stick to stock, it'll save you money and HP (in the long run ;) ). Trying to modifying NA's for performance is a fruitless task.. could you really notice 1bhp extra on 220?

Nope, stick to stock, it'll save you money and HP (in the long run ;) ). Trying to modifying NA's for performance is a fruitless task.. could you really notice 1bhp extra on 220?

sorry meant to say a panel filter for the standard box. i was also very surprised at how clean the inside of the panel box was. its got a realativly clean forza panel in there. oh well mistake learnt.:(

am sure u can make one up:p. filter now for sale or swap for a passenger headlight. again cheers for advice

The comment was a bit tounge in cheek, but as an NA owner I've been through every possible modification option for them and there's nothing that's anywhere near worthwhile doing. Just keep it stock and when you're ready get a 2JZ-GTE in there (or something else a little different :D )

to be honest when i bought the car i was thrilled. then i had a wee scare in it and i am now sure it was totally my fault. but i really love the car. its very different than anything i have owned before. i thought i might have to sell it because of job loss. but not now. i love the car and its a pleasure to drive. its totally standard also. now i guess i will just keep it that way. and who knows a few years later i might go tt or single. but for now its just fine for me.

Edited by dublin lad (see edit history)