The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Something fell off my supra! :(

PaulD76

Hello

Hopefully this is nothing serious, but am currently on a Euro Road trip and something became detached from the bottom off my beloved supra! :( it was hanging on just about but dragging on the floor at low speeds. It was near the front wheel section and came off without much force. There was a cable near it but didnt impact it. Attached is a photo. It looks to me like a bracket to fix the exhaust in place but i know zero about cars! :(

My question is, do i need to fix this ASAP or will it last until i return to the uk on the 12th. i have well over 1,000 miles to go!!!

The exhaust felt sturdy and it drove well after.

Guest Budz86

Mine's been removed for the past few months and it's fine. They do suffer from rust, hence them coming loose and rattling/falling off

Thanks for the reassuring responses! Ive had the car 6 years in July and nothing has gone wrong in that time (apart from the caliper ceasing after about 2 months) so its quite typical that something goes wrong on the 3rd day of our road trip! but thats sods law. We are off to the Stelvio Pass on Wednesday so i dont want to be thinking about bits falling off!!!! I will get it fixed when back in the uk..

Cheers

The little rubber lined bracket should hold the lead to the over heat sensor in the firts cat, if you still have the cat fitted. Just make sure it's not resting on the cat or de cat pipe and potentially melting through its insulation. Otherwise ignore the bracket's loss and carry on regardless, in the best British style!

Guest Budz86
Thanks for the reassuring responses! Ive had the car 6 years in July and nothing has gone wrong in that time (apart from the caliper ceasing after about 2 months) so its quite typical that something goes wrong on the 3rd day of our road trip! but thats sods law. We are off to the Stelvio Pass on Wednesday so i dont want to be thinking about bits falling off!!!! I will get it fixed when back in the uk..

Cheers

Lucky barsteward!

That's the only part I've had to replace on my car twice. Its an utterly crap design. Its not expensive to replace (about a tenner I think).

The biggest issue is that as you noticed when they fall off they drag along the road on the wire that is clipped to the heatshield (rubbish idea or what?) However if you get under your car you should find a tapped hole in the bodywork right next to the wire. When I replaced my heatshield the first time I moved the clip to this hole, so the next time it fell of it just dropped onto the road.