The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air conditioning re-gas/recharge

spartan

Quick recommendation for (surprisingly!) Kwik Fit.

Noticed last Friday that even on its coldest setting, the air-con wasn't really cooling anything down to below ambient air temerature (about 24 C).

After doing a search on here and running the suggested A/C dignostic check - all clear - and comparing price of DIY (£40 from Halfords) with KwiK Fit's service (also £40 including extract, leak test, lube, refill and money-back guarantee), phoned up my local KwiK Fit yesterday and made an 'appointment' to take it down a couple of hours later. When I got there, someone had 'taken my slot' so slight delay but they offered to do it for half-price.

At this stage I was already beginning to think that this was the kind of service I should've expected but, in actual fact, they or rather the automated 'R2D2' that performed the recharge did a fantastic job.

The hardest part is knowing where to find the High and Low pressure access valves (respectively: at the front, near the horn/bonnet latch; at the rear, down near the bulkhead on the intake side). The machine knows the rest once the 'operative' had selected the correct model 'Supra' from its menu.

Thirty minutes later, A/C air temperature down as low 10 C. Let's just hope this Summer means I will be able to make the most of it. :cool: