The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Spec Tunning Help

Guest martybolad

Guest martybolad

Hi everyone... Ok im new to this so will give you all a quick run down.. im 39 now but bought my 1st supra when i was 25. It was the mk3 3.0i manual. Fell in love and just had to have the turbo version. Took me 2 years but bought a 3.0i manual turbo. Dump valve, induction kit and a straight through exhaust with a chip and bleed valve later had me pushing around 300bhp.... I was hooked.... I have always loved the Supra and have just bought the mkiv a month ago. Now i know many of you mock the jap spec guys but as an avid fan no matter what you buy we should all stick together. My dream was a UK spec car but due to a lack of UK cars and their price i also had to go the Jap Spec route... I know there are quite a few differences. The brakes the bonnet scoop the injectors and the turbos..... But my question is this. I have a 95 auto Jap spec. I want at least 450 bhp....... What do i do to acheive this. I hear its so easy and realitively cheap compared to most cars. So if it really is then please help. What should i buy and fit and what do i need to do.... Many thanks guys

Marty..............

. What do i do to acheive this.

Welcome to the forum, most of your questions have been asked and answered before. Read through the tech section as a start...also use the search function for keywords that are appropriate (e.g: BPU)

Welcome mate. I think you will struggle to get 450bhp from the stock turbos but if you have the funds to do it big power won't be difficult to achieve with a single turbo conversion and probably a 6 speed manual gearbox instead of the autobox. Loads of Info on it if you do a search.

Good luck.