The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing modified Supra from Australia

sdistc

Hi everyone..

As threatened on various forums, I have finally made the move to working in the UK (Greater London, to be precise). HOWEVER, this has meant that my beloved SDISTC has had to remain back in Australia.

Basically, I was hoping someone would be able to steer me in the right directions for importing my own vehicle to the UK in the near future - what should I expect vis a vis MOT requirements, importing costs etc?

CLIFFS:

1) Heavily modified 1998 RZ VVTi, currently Australian registered

2) It's still in Aus, while I have moved here to work (2+ years)

3) Want car here.

Thanks guys.

Andrew

Try Jurgen on here (trader section).

:yeahthat:

Jurgen is an importer, should be able to give you the pointers in the right direction.

Interesting though, as don't Aussie's drive on the left hand side as we do, and they speak English, an oz car over hear would be perfect. No jap laungage on anything!! :D

But, in all my years on here, i haven't heard of one single Oz supra in the uk...

Wonder if they did Facelift Manual Aero TT's :eyebrows:

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Try Jurgen on here (trader section).

:yeahthat:

Jurgen is an importer, should be able to give you the pointers in the right direction.

Interesting though, as don't Aussie's drive on the left hand side as we do, and they speak English, an oz car over hear would be perfect. No jap laungage on anything!! :D

But, in all my years on here, i haven't heard of one single Oz supra in the uk...

Wonder if they did Facelift Manual Aero TT's :eyebrows:

Thanks guys. I will have a chat with Jurgen.

And no, (sorry Matt H) even we didn't get factory Manual Aeros - but there are about 5 transplanted 6 speed Aeros that I can think of (and most are single turbo, too ;))

You actually did it the hard way around!! :D :p

Yeah, but hard to get the best lighting / photo angles with the bonnet on :/

And the photographers are my friends, and operating for free, so I did whatever they wanted to get the best shots.

Beautiful car!!

I want to move to Australia or New Zealand in the near future, good to know Supras are a plenty over there :) Can't understabd why you'd WANT to move here though? To London especally!!

What spec are Oz Supras? Jap, UK or US?

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. As I said, this is a longer term consideration - but I get paid *MUCH* better here, my girlfriend lives in Finland, and I like to travel... so it seems a reasonable consideration to make :p