The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want 200mph

nigelboyne

hi lads newbie. lookiing to get to 200+mph have uk supra low mileage 39k.the mods i have done so far HKS HI POWER EXHAUST.HKS DOWNPIPE.HKS EVC6 BOOST COTROLLER 1.2BAR.GREEDY FUEL CUT DEF.KN FILTER.HKS TYPE R INTERCOOLER.HKS SSQV.work done at tdi and dyno 350at wheels roughly 405/410 fly.the next mods fuel pulsation by pass.hks or titan cam gears hks cam belt aux belt greedy light weight pulley set.hks fuel rail hks fuel pressure reg denso fuel pump/filterhks1000c injectors.fluidlyine rad rps carbon clutch hks fconvpro ecu.THE LAST MOD IS THE TURBOS REALLY WANT TO STAY TWIN TURBO HKS GT2835 WHAT SORT OF BOOST WOULD I NEED TO RUN THEM TO GET TO 200MPH REALLY LIKE THE SET UP OF THE CA AND DONT WANT TO LOOSE DRIVEABILITY SO NO BOOST BELOW 3000RPM ANY INPUT BE GREAT LADS AND ANYTHING ELSR I NEED OR CERTAIN MAKE ETC IN MODS CHEERS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi lads newbie. lookiing to get to 200+mph have uk supra low mileage 39k.the mods i have done so far HKS HI POWER EXHAUST.HKS DOWNPIPE.HKS EVC6 BOOST COTROLLER 1.2BAR.GREEDY FUEL CUT DEF.KN FILTER.HKS TYPE R INTERCOOLER.HKS SSQV.work done at tdi and dyno 350at wheels roughly 405/410 fly.the next mods fuel pulsation by pass.hks or titan cam gears hks cam belt aux belt greedy light weight pulley set.hks fuel rail hks fuel pressure reg denso fuel pump/filterhks1000c injectors.fluidlyine rad rps carbon clutch hks fconvpro ecu.THE LAST MOD IS THE TURBOS REALLY WANT TO STAY TWIN TURBO HKS GT2835 WHAT SORT OF BOOST WOULD I NEED TO RUN THEM TO GET TO 200MPH REALLY LIKE THE SET UP OF THE CA AND DONT WANT TO LOOSE DRIVEABILITY SO NO BOOST BELOW 3000RPM ANY INPUT BE GREAT LADS AND ANYTHING ELSR I NEED OR CERTAIN MAKE ETC IN MODS CHEERS

This thread is a year old

You may want to start your own to get a better response ;)

And add some punctuation to make it a bit easier to read mate, it helps a lot :)

Edit, and thats magic !

Edited by tooquicktostop
magic ! (see edit history)

Moved these posts to a new thread as it had nothing to do with the original one they were posted in.

Which gearbox and diff do you have installed, plus the rev limit? Even a fairly modest 550 bhp T67 single will hit the limiter in 6th on the stock rev limiter, and thats 198 mph. You could have 2000bhp and it it still won't go faster :D

What I think you are referring to is staying Twin Sequential, which currently, bar some development work in the USA is no available. A big twin conversion is big big power, but they will work in parallel, not sequential like stock.

You need to at least raise the rev limit to achieve 200mph, which means a strong built engine.

Hope you have loaaaadzzzza cash

+1000

UMG... just thinking about going 200mph with stock brakes...

Whats with the 1000cc injectors?

To be able to provide the fuel into the cyclinders at much high boost / air flow.

The guy seems totally out of his depth though so wouldn't worry about it!!

One of the most important things at that kinda of speed is aerodynamics. Probably hasn't considered that, and most likely is sticking with his VS spoiler!! :D

I know what you mean a bit slow that really!!!!! The answer would prob be aim for 220:eyebrows:

As long as he's paying you for the work though, eh? ;)

IIRC the only Supras to hit 200mph have been purpose built, and probably quite unpleasant drives. Road going Supras tend to start to take off at about 185.

IIRC the only Supras to hit 200mph have been purpose built, and probably quite unpleasant drives. Road going Supras tend to start to take off at about 185.

This post 8 ;)

One of the most important things at that kinda of speed is aerodynamics.

To be able to provide the fuel into the cyclinders at much high boost / air flow.

Yep, i know. I'ts just that he isn't mentioning any supporting mods or anything that needs the 1000cc injectors

But hitting 200mph should not be too far a reach. We hit 186 in gps last week going home from the autobahn. Apparently nothing to keep from going further up except a bit of road and traffic. this is with a 3.4 stroker GT2835 twin. So he should expect a weekend or two flipping bits up front...

Edited by bodilx6 (see edit history)

I am sure it can be achieved, but getting the power move the air at that speed will require a strong engine. In theory with a 8750rpm limit, a V160 box and UK manual diff gives a top speed of 245mph (Quaife calculator), even on the humble JDM Auto LSD, V160 and the same rpm the theoretical top is 212mph.

I would imagine a near completely flat underside to enable ground effect would be pretty high on the list of mods. Not sure what stock wheel bearings would make of wheels spinning that fast. Good brakes and a parachute might come in handy. I am sure it can be done, if you have big enough nuts to do it.

Half term is it, that expalins all the teenagers in the woods near by, worse than rabbits

I would imagine a near completely flat underside to enable ground effect would be pretty high on the list of mods.

Definitely, after seeing TOTB last year, the high power Supra's were fighing losing battles in top speed with the more aero-efficient cars.

Flat underside is an absolute must - I think perfectly balanced wheels might help too :)

My mate took me out in his T51 R supra about 3 years ago on a local airfield and had done nothing to the aerodynamics. Got to about 160mph and the car was swaying like a boat and i dont think ive been more scared in a car my entire life. its like that rx7 on youtube trying to break the 200mph mark and gets caught by the wind and flips it 2 or 3 times in the air before destroying the car within seconds. lucky the guy had a rollcage but makes you think how much more you need to think about before gunning the top end.