The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New dampers

Guest suprasutty

Guest suprasutty

Can you advise the best place to get new front dampers and top mounts for my 93 NA. It has lowered springs and is bouncing on the front so I thinks I need some heavier dampers,

Nic is normally the most cost effective way to purchase stock dampers, but is off sick at the moment.

You could also try Whifbitz or Steve Manley at Toyota. Whifbitz have been very competitive of late for stock parts.

Which dampers do you have now - the black or yellow ones?

The top mounts are unlikely to need replacing.

They are fairly cheap to replace, but don't give the nicest handling in my experience. The stock (yellow) bilsteins will stiffen things up, but be careful when going for those as you need to factor in the springs you have now (do you know what they are?).

A full set of Bilsteins will be around £400 so it might be a better option to consider a complete new set of suspension and springs if you want to move away from replacing like for like dampers.

Guest suprasutty

Don`t know who made the springs as they were on when I got the car, think I may do as you say and get complete new f&r setup.