The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bored of my NA

Guest phrozen

Guest phrozen

Hi guys, its not been long since I got rid of my skyline and got the supra..but im bored of it already :taped: it just uses so much fuel for not a lot of power?!!

i was thinking about the turbo conversion..but think i might save up for a 1uz TT conversion instead?

I always wanted a V8 car but the only thing that is in the back of my mind is a) does anyone in the UK do it b) will it be TOO expensive? (£5k+)

I really dont want a supra TT (I6) and think the V8 conversion would be different and sound sexy too??

Good idea or best left to DIY mechanics who know what they're doing??

phrozen

You can certainly do a 1uz or 2uz conversion for that sort of money, but I cannot see any way to turbo it as well. There's only Thor that have done this so far and I beleive now supply a conversion kit for the UZ engines.

They don't sound very "V8" though, they are a very revvy engine so are IMO sound more like a v6 under throttle.

EdMorris on here is currently installing a built 2UZ non-turbo in his car, but I think the built engine alone cost considerably more than your total budget.

There's only one TT 2UZ conversion I know of: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=157676

To do that you'd be looking at a budget well in excess of £20k!!

All depends what you want really, if you've not owned or been in a BPU TT then that's by a VERY long way the most cost effective way to get good BHP.

EdMorris on here is currently installing a built 2UZ non-turbo in his car, but I think the built engine alone cost considerably more than your total budget.

Indeed.

If its just a bhp fix you're after, and not something a bit different, then I'd say go for the supra TT route.

Guest phrozen

awesome thanks for the info guys!!

hmmmmm may have to go down the TT route in the future I guess? Im regularily getting my ass whooped by a bmw diesel which is embarrassing lol