The mkiv Supra Owners Club

garage damaged me alloy

liam1

just got the car home after picking it up from a local garage and noticed one of my alloys has been kerbed badly just rang the owner of the garage he said he will speak to his mechanic in the morning who backed it out of the garage, ive told him they were unmarked when i dropped it off and would like it repaired, has this happened to any one else do they normally accept responsibility or am i going to have to pay for it myself gutted after looking after them and not kerbing them myself.

Sounds like a decent Garage to me.Suppose hopeing they'd tell you when you picked it up would be asking too much in todays world.Thinking about it would I own up unless asked, err no.Having a conversation with myself now,is that good,no it isn't.Am I dishonest..........ohhhh the shame.

Sounds like a decent Garage to me.Suppose hopeing they'd tell you when you picked it up would be asking too much in todays world.Thinking about it would I own up unless asked, err no.Having a conversation with myself now,is that good,no it isn't.Am I dishonest..........ohhhh the shame.

they are a decent garage thats the thing although the owner might not have known if the mechanic kept it to himself, just glad they are more than willing to get it repaired.

So he knew he hit it and didnt say anything. Time to find a new garage.

:yeahthat:

When my car was damaged by a garage I was notified within about 2 minutes of it occurring and told that it would be fixed at their cost. They also apologised profusely for the inconvenience to me for not having my car back.

they are a decent garage thats the thing although the owner might not have known if the mechanic kept it to himself, just glad they are more than willing to get it repaired.

Both of those sound a bit naive. If they don't own up to things that are visual and easy to spot, who knows what else they don't own up to.

Richie-R, let me know if you ever run a garage, so I can avoid it!