The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Allow myself to introduce.. Myself

Klank

So yeah, afternoon all. Newbie here.

I've been reading the forums for a while now, quietly lurking in the background, researching and the like.. But I'm finally in the market for a Supra. :) Hats off to the infinite wealth of knowledge amongst the forum contributors.

I'm 22 and driving a Fabia vRS at the moment, but after taking a Supra out over the weekend, I know it's the car for me! Quite the change from a small diesel, but while I'm young, I can get away with it. I'm a true petrol-head, also well into my bikes, own an Aprilia RSV Mille and a Honda XR400 for offroading antics.

Ah, and Klank comes from a title my mates gave me some years ago. I'm called Keith, but I'm 6'6" hence, lank. Surprised I even fit in the Supra! :cool:

I'm from Teesside so look forward to possibly meeting up with local owners in the near future.

I'm now off to prowl the classifieds for a standard N/A Manual. ;)

Rgds,

Keith.

I'm called Keith, but I'm 6'6" hence, lank. Surprised I even fit in the Supra! :cool:

I'm from Teesside so look forward to possibly meeting up with local owners in the near future.

Welcome bud :hi:

I'm also from Teesside and 6'10".. they breed them big up our way :D You will have no probs with a Supe.. it fits like a glove :)

I live on the South Coast so don't get to any northern meets... but you have a good bunch up there around you :)

You will have no probs with a Supe.. it fits like a glove :)

Shame the people in the back won't agree with that statement! :D

Oh man, I had my heart set on an N/A manual, but everyone says TT is the one to go for. It's so damn hard having to decide! Personally, ~220bhp and 0-60 in 6 seconds is more than enough for what i'm after.. I've only driven a manual too, but if the auto box is anything like the tiptronic box in my mates old FTO, I wouldn't hesitate in going auto. :)

Which leads to the next problem, actually finding a standard N/A manual. No bodykits, induction systems, ghastly alloys etc. After looking, they seem few and far between..

Oh well, best keep looking for now.. Beats working anyway :sly:

I went NA Auto.. basically because I wanted an unmolested stock car, as new as I could get with low miles (all the things I looked for in previous cars). I've had it four and a half years and it's never missed a beat.

The auto box is fantastic - I'd driven Audi A8s and Mercs with auto boxes and hated them, the one in the Supra is fantastic and a world apart from the 'delay' feel of other cars.

Everyone on here will say go TT - it's just personal preference. Mine is a work horse and I travel up and down to Boro a bit, so 'some' performance and *lots* of reliability are top of my list... I would say if you're buying for a 'weekender' go TT and it it's for everyday then NA.

:D

Many thanks for the advice, Mike. Like I said, I've driven a tip FTO in the past and the way it delivered power was very impressive. An auto would probably be the better car for me with it being a daily run around, albeit a fuel thirsty one. :) This is why I've been avoiding TT, the extra power isn't necessary. Crawling morning traffic on the A19 would be hellish on a manual box, too.

I wouldn't complain either way, as long as its fully standard and an exceptional example. Is that too much to ask for? :D