The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from the Netherlands

Tim_v_M

Hello everyone.

A new member from the Netherlands!

My name is Tim. I registered yesterday, but hadn't time jet to introduce myself on the forum.

Currently I drive a '79 Opel Kadett C Coupé, but it's time for something else. I'm looking for a Japanese sports car such like a supra, rx-7, skyline or silvia to import from England. But I'm most interested in the Supra and Rx-7. And because I (unfortunately) can't have them both, do I have to choose. That's why I'm here.

I hope to learn more about the supra here on this forum, her pro's and con's and why I do have to buy one ( or why not ). And what model fits me most. ( Non turbo, Single, Twin)

I already looked around a bit and did learn and find some interesting stuff, so I'll look around a bit more, and ask some questions. (or open a new topic, after of course using the search option)

Hopefully you all can understand my English, and I hope to speak you all soon on the forum.

And you never know, maybe I’ll choose the Supra. :thumbs:

Greetings, Tim

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2342/1010152d.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3848/1010149.jpg

Edited by Tim_v_M
Uploaded some pictures of the Kadett (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest n3bur

Hey Dutchy :p

Good luck with your search, im intrested in a Supra aswell but it cost alot to import it to The Netherlands. If you found some information abaut the import cost can you plz contact me to share it :cool:

Cheers

• 10 months later...

Well, I've registered so long time ago, that I didn't remember I already introduced myself.

Just a little update, In my first post I've told about me being interested in a rx7, Supra or Skyline. I'm happy to tell that I'm going to buy a TT Supra. (Expecting an great applause from you Supra guys for beating the Rx7 and Skyline - again).

Next Saturday, 10th April, I'm coming over to England to view some Supras. But, as one of the cars I was interested in just had been sold, I'm looking again for one extra car to view. Has to be a TT6.

Hope to tell you next Saturday what I've bought!

Edited by Tim_v_M (see edit history)

Hi Tim, Jamie here with the TT you have been emailing me about, ill have that chasis number for you tomorrow, not had a chance yet although ive got somebody coming to see the car in the morning, will email you what happens either way.

Ok, let me know :)

Guest van_damme_supra

hoi buurman :) een rx-7 is een leuke kar maar een supra heeft net dat ietsje meer man!

die motor om te beginnen van een rx-7 is veel brozer, je rijd er niet mee als met een supra. een supra rijd je gwn niet kapot (als je weet wat je doet als je hem zwaar begint op te fokken altans) , een rx-7 makkelijk en als je dat doet is het een hoop miserie met die wankel... als je een supra koopt doen ook de km er niet veel toe aleen maar kijken hoe goed hij onderhouden is geweest. een rx-7 met meer dan 100.000 km heeft zn beste tijd gehad. (heb ik van verschillende betrouwbare bronnen vernomen) ook schijnt de baanligging niet wat het moet zijn van een rx-7.

maarja dat is mijn mening ;)

veel geluk met je zoektocht en welkom

hoi buurman :) een rx-7 is een leuke kar maar een supra heeft net dat ietsje meer man!

die motor om te beginnen van een rx-7 is veel brozer, je rijd er niet mee als met een supra. een supra rijd je gwn niet kapot (als je weet wat je doet als je hem zwaar begint op te fokken altans) , een rx-7 makkelijk en als je dat doet is het een hoop miserie met die wankel... als je een supra koopt doen ook de km er niet veel toe aleen maar kijken hoe goed hij onderhouden is geweest. een rx-7 met meer dan 100.000 km heeft zn beste tijd gehad. (heb ik van verschillende betrouwbare bronnen vernomen) ook schijnt de baanligging niet wat het moet zijn van een rx-7.

maarja dat is mijn mening ;)

veel geluk met je zoektocht en welkom

Hey mate ... don't forget that everybody wants to share your info (which will be difficult as not everybody talks Flemish) :)