The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cams For TT

a98pmalcolm

Hi guys..im sure theres been lots of chat regarding what are the right cams...

Soon after getting my Supra one of the 1st things that appeals to me is uprating the cams. I'll be

• Using my car everyday
  • 4 miles there, 4 miles back
  • Sit in a 20 min que to work everyday

So i will want the car to still feel like a reliable road car but want the best performace with what will feel a good ride.

What is your suggestions with brands ect...What sort of prices am i looking at at predicted BHP increases?

Its a Twin Turbo, Manual 1993

Thanks

Paul

No point changing the cams to be honest. nobody does that untill they are well into a good single turbo build. Ontop of the price of the cams your going to need a ecu replacement/piggyback of some kind and then mapping to get the fueling correct. Which will be expensive.

If you want much better performance (arround 380bhp) and quicker throttle response for relatavely small outlay click on bpu. Its a very common set of mods with very pleasing results when the 2nd turbo comes online :D.

It wont make any difference reliability wise as long as you dont push the turbo's too far. mines on 140k miles and has been running bpu for probably more than 40k of them and it hasnt broken once.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

hi thanks for the reply Guigsy,,,Yer i have been looking at the BPU upgrade...I will have the De-Cat done, air filter and full HKS System... and i will be uprating the fuel pump with a uprated fuel regulator.

Sounds like I'll save some pennys and not get the Cams

Thanks Mate

Paul