The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Little thread on my supra

Kearney

I just paid off my membership there so I decided I might aswell start a thread about my car so people can see the work I'm doing to it :D I just copy and pasted most of the things over from my thread on another site :D

Heres the car after a good clean up

As i'm bringing this car to the modball I intend to get her dressed up and looking well. Still deciding on a set of wheels as none has really jumped out at me. I've money and all but I'm not gonna buy any unless I really really like them.

The next plan, well.... back to a sorta "original" plan with me :D I LOVE to be different and do things differently. I had considered a TT engine as they ain't that expensive but I doesn't really appeal to me as I might aswell have bought a TT from the start and I looked at a 1JZ-GTE but I had taxed the car already for the year so it'd be pointless putting a 2.5 engine in.

Two options....... The original one.. :D

SUPERCHARGER :D

Here is a 1G-GZE engine. 2.0 6 cylinder 24 valve factory supercharged engine. I've found a Supercharger off one of these and afaik It will bolt straight in were my aircon pump is, replace it and my fan belt will run around it perfectly.

I had sourced one online, but it was sold when I contacted him :(, I intend to put a FMIC onto her too if im going to do it but its only in the pipeline as im just researching into it at the minute

Yet again its only an idea. I know I'll only get maybe 50-70bhp more but I don't want mad power outta it I only want something a bit different..... :D

Next idea,

ITB's :D

Had a chat to stealth and am considering getting them. All depends if I can find someone who can do it and at the right price. The Supercharger conversion will probaly work out cheaper but I won't know for definetly just yet.

****NEW RIMS**** :D :D :D

I got these off a friend of mine thats sponsering me for the modball. Got them for very very cheap so I wasn't argueing. Got a set of 6mm rear spacers just to bring the back wheels out a bit :D

I fitted a walbro fuel pump to the car there last week and I was then waiting for the next thing to a arrive,

Fitted an adjustable fuel pressure regulator there yesterday. All needed to get the fueling right for the next big mod after the modball :D

Very nice clean Supra there

Dont think you should of parked it next to the skip when you were taking photos though lol

Cheers

LOL I know yeah, we were getting work done on the house and because we're on a corner entrance I can't park my car on the road really lol

Erm is that an FSE Power Boost Valve FPR?

If it is, 1) You've not done your research and 2) it will break your engine when it fails.

Tuning an NA - first things first...you need to get a programmable ECU...that comes before all your other mad plans.

NA's are expensive to tune, and it soon becomes pointless when you could drop in a TT lump for far less.

Trying to be different in an 15+ year old tuning scene is admirable, but flawed.

Edited by Alex (see edit history)

Nice car hope you enjoy it, try not to destroy its carachter by giving it a very loud exhaust and adding tacky tuning parts.

Some of the better buys are Tanabe touring exhausts, Blitz LM panel filter, endless CCX brake pads. Taking out healthy cats will mainly make more noise, the cat removal is very over rated on N/A's. If you want a major power increase, just buy a TT.

Erm is that an FSE Power Boost Valve FPR?

If it is, 1) You've not done your research and 2) it will break your engine when it fails.

Tuning an NA - first things first...you need to get a programmable ECU...that comes before all your other mad plans.

NA's are expensive to tune, and it soon becomes pointless when you could drop in a TT lump for far less.

Trying to be different in an 15+ year old tuning scene is admirable, but flawed.

How exactly will it "break" my engine when it fails? I don't want to buy a TT lump. I was doubted before over my supercharged R33 Gts by everyone and I ended up doing it. Never regreted it as it was the very first 2.0 non turbo R33 supercharged. And it worked :D

I had one of those valves on one of my previous cars, It worked well, along with two of my mates had them too and were happy with the results.

I'm sure it is, but theres no harm in trying, when I put my mind to things I do it. Same with this car.

Nice car hope you enjoy it, try not to destroy its carachter by giving it a very loud exhaust and adding tacky tuning parts.

Some of the better buys are Tanabe touring exhausts, Blitz LM panel filter, endless CCX brake pads. Taking out healthy cats will mainly make more noise, the cat removal is very over rated on N/A's. If you want a major power increase, just buy a TT.

I don't want it noisey like that I'm well past that stage thanks lol. The cat back on it is very quite, just hums nicely. I was planing to ad more breather mods i.e. 6 branch, de cats etc and then fit the supercharger and then get it mapped using E-manage. Seems the E-manage is the ideal solution opposed to the apexi neo lol. I worked for lotus and I learned alot about superchargers from the exige S there 2 years ago and then did a conversion myself on my R33. Hoping to do the same with the supra and persistance will get me through it :D

I've seen plenty break and they are a dumb ass mod to be blunt. Knock yourself out.

Like what exactly? I noticed quite a bit of difference tbh. I set it at 3 bar at its running fine

looks like a nice project, good work

Cheers man, I eventually got around to getting one :D

Nice motor,good luck with mods

Skip needs emptying

Haha cheers. the skip is well gone :D

Like what exactly? I noticed quite a bit of difference tbh. I set it at 3 bar at its running fine

Cheers man, I eventually got around to getting one :D

Haha cheers. the skip is well gone :D

I have seen these work great on other cars, never on a supra but as a fuel pressure regulator can they be that bad?.

*** UPDATE ***

Collected a set of brand new K-sport coilovers for my car today, along with a set of mintex extreme front pads instead of the standard mintex I fitted a month ago, and a FMIC kit for when I put the supercharger on when I'm home from the modball, will post up pics tomorrow :D

Echoing Alex's comments, the FSEs are rubbish....

When I dynoed my NA it was pretty much SPOT on with fueling and all that. The FSE won't do anything other than increase the fuel pressure causing the ECU to back down injector timing slightly or alternatively over fuel, either which way you won't have a gain.

They do also fail fairly regularly.

It is an NA, and there isn't much you can do to get oodles of more power, that said, it is what is and still nice...

Cheers for the imput lads, I'm just leaving that filter were it is because I got it with the car and in july I'll be putting the S/C on so I'll be using a different filter then.

Heres pics of the toys, I'm putting the coilovers on first :D

This won't be going on...... just yet anyways ;)

Echoing Alex's comments, the FSEs are rubbish....

When I dynoed my NA it was pretty much SPOT on with fueling and all that. The FSE won't do anything other than increase the fuel pressure causing the ECU to back down injector timing slightly or alternatively over fuel, either which way you won't have a gain.

They do also fail fairly regularly.

It is an NA, and there isn't much you can do to get oodles of more power, that said, it is what is and still nice...

I keep meaning to replace mine Gav, its gotta be 4yrs old now :blink: lol........