The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bit of bad news from the garage

natony

i took my car in to get the geometry done on saturday and after them trying for a good few hours they decided to give up as the rear bolts were seized but after talking to them they said they'd cover the bolts in wd40 and leave it over the weekend.

they tried again today and still no joy and they are now saying that the only way to do it is to cut the arms off and replace them with new ones.

anyone else had this ?

Spanner monkeys.

You got that right, I only wanted them taken off to get refurbed and ended up buying a new set. When i checked the history more closely it showed that the wheels hadn't been removed for more than 2 years for even servicing of mots.

You got that right, I only wanted them taken off to get refurbed and ended up buying a new set. When i checked the history more closely it showed that the wheels hadn't been removed for more than 2 years for even servicing of mots.

Without doubt i would have been able to get it off bud. The most it would have cost you would be a hub bolt, but i would have recommended replacing that anyway ;)

Without doubt i would have been able to get it off bud. The most it would have cost you would be a hub bolt, but i would have recommended replacing that anyway ;)

Here we go again, Im going to have to take a holiday upto your neck of the woods, I spent the whole day at japfest looking for you with my screwdriver :)

i took my car in to get the geometry done on saturday and after them trying for a good few hours they decided to give up as the rear bolts were seized but after talking to them they said they'd cover the bolts in wd40 and leave it over the weekend.

they tried again today and still no joy and they are now saying that the only way to do it is to cut the arms off and replace them with new ones.

anyone else had this ?

Ive been though this and nothing worked to free the adjusters, i bit the bullet and changed the lot

anyone else had this ?

I had this when my ball joint failed the MOT. After a couple of days of trying to free it, they cut out the wishbone and replaced it with a new one. They told me not to come back when the other one goes as it was a pig of a job......:D

H.

Those new suspension parts look sweet! :) dont suppose u have the old ones still do u? i might need some o/s/f parts.

No sorry there all in the bin apart from the upper arms which ive already given away to fellow members.