The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been offered a single turbo at a silly price!

RobD

I've been offered a single turbo supra, details are a bit vague at the moment as i'm awaiting pics and to speak to the seller!

But the jist of it is that its a mark 4 supra on a N plate, mileage is around 50 to 60k! Its a single turbo and has receipts for a lot of work been carried out on the car (don't know where as yet) , apparently its a mate of a mates , but my mate aint really the best person to talk about cars to!

The bloke wants £4k as it is at the mo due to something wrong with the turbo and the bodywork needs some attention. Not sure whether its a NA-T or TT-Single ,it has a full failside bodykit on and i'm pretty sure its a widearch body kit as the bloke has 22's on it ( dick I know!) Apparently the rims are bbs rims which e paid 3k for but wants to keep , which i'm more than happy to do and he said as he's keeping them he'll let me have the car for 2k!

I'm tempted to sell mine and buy this but keep my wheels to place on this! but wonder if its worth it if it turns out to be an NA-T?

Apparently the bloke has money coming out of his ears so and blows money stupidly, thats why he's sellin so cheap!

What you think? Sorry for the essay :D

Apparently the bloke has money coming out of his ears so and blows money stupidly, thats why he's sellin so cheap!

Sounds familiar. :innocent:

Definately worth a look at 2k especially if it's a manual.

I would be doing a few checks on it incase it's had major accident damage in the past etc.

Without you knowing all the details personally i would go careful on this.. who knows what could be wrong with it!:)

22's ??? Is he completely insane!!

He's 22 apparently, probably gets another inch every year he gets older :D

If its a TT-single then I think I might buy it to strip, will just mean being without a car again!

According to my mate its fully loaded leathers the lot!

I've been offered a single turbo supra, details are a bit vague at the moment as i'm awaiting pics and to speak to the seller!

But the jist of it is that its a mark 4 supra on a N plate, mileage is around 50 to 60k! Its a single turbo and has receipts for a lot of work been carried out on the car (don't know where as yet) , apparently its a mate of a mates , but my mate aint really the best person to talk about cars to!

The bloke wants £4k as it is at the mo due to something wrong with the turbo and the bodywork needs some attention. Not sure whether its a NA-T or TT-Single ,it has a full failside bodykit on and i'm pretty sure its a widearch body kit as the bloke has 22's on it ( dick I know!) Apparently the rims are bbs rims which e paid 3k for but wants to keep , which i'm more than happy to do and he said as he's keeping them he'll let me have the car for 2k!

I'm tempted to sell mine and buy this but keep my wheels to place on this! but wonder if its worth it if it turns out to be an NA-T?

See it and get as much info as possible, but to be fair if the single conversion has been done properly he would be mad to sell it for £4k.

Just seen that he said you could have it for £2k.....he must be retarded.

I think you need to assess whether, worse case scenario, it would fetch £2k in bits........if it would then you can't go too far wrong (unless it is shot but you don't break it and end up spending a small fortune trying to polish the turd!)