The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sz problem

jay5041

Can any of you guys please help im having a problem with my supra :(

I've noticed while driving i sometimes get an intermittent high pitched squeak which i think is coming from the front right. It comes an goes and is mostly noticeable under 50mph though when im braking it goes away.

Its definetly wheel related as doesnt happen when stationary. I also noticed after a drive today the front right alloy is caked in brake dust an the other 3 are fine.

Jacked car up before and took wheel off pads maybe getting abit low discs seem fine. But surely low pads cant cause this especially on just one wheel??

Any help much appreciated

Guest N.KREFT

Sounds to me that you have a seized or partially seized brake caliper.

You can get Re-furb kits from Toyota,do a search for caliper Re-furb. Nige.:D

Sounds to me that you have a seized or partially seized brake caliper.

You can get Re-furb kits from Toyota,do a search for caliper Re-furb. Nige.:D

Who would i get to fit that as im not the most mechanically minded person in the world :rolleyes:

Guest N.KREFT
Who would i get to fit that as im not the most mechanically minded person in the world :rolleyes:

A local Garage or depending on what caliper you have 2 pot or 4 pot caliper,it might pay you to source an exchange unit.

Then its just a matter of changeing offending caliper and bleeding said unit.

Most Motor Factors will help or even someone on here may have a good used one,but as i said there are two standard types.

A local Garage or depending on what caliper you have 2 pot or 4 pot caliper,it might pay you to source an exchange unit.

Then its just a matter of changeing offending caliper and bleeding said unit.

Most Motor Factors will help or even someone on here may have a good used one,but as i said there are two standard types.

Think it must be 2 pot as its a 95 na j spec. If anyones got one lying around an wants to sell get in touch :)

Just an update been for short drive today an checked all 4 wheels for heat. The front right one has alot of heat coming from it so think its definetly a seized or partially seized caliper. Thanks for all the info guys now just hoping chris has some lying around so can get it sorted :)

I've noticed while driving i sometimes get an intermittent high pitched squeak which i think is coming from the front right.

SSQV dump valve ? :D:p:d

I jest......

To actually contribute to this thread in a constructive manner. EBC will fully refurb all your calipers with new pistons, seals and powdercoat in a colour of your choice for less than £400.

They send a courier out to pick them up, (yes you have to remove them yourself) and then get them returned to you in a weeks time all sparkly and new.

I had my S2000 ones done and can't recommend them enough :thumbs: