The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trade in value

formatzero

Iv'e been toying with trading my 98 n/a with 53k for a tt for a while,saw one i liked 98tt 48k £10k,phoned the dealer and asked what i'd get in a trade in,he said WANT TO KNOW THE HONEST TRUTH MATE :D your car's worth£4k,funny thing was he never asked condition of my car or if it had any mods so i said :p

Hasten to add it was none of our respected traders on here :)

Iv'e been toying with trading my 98 n/a with 53k for a tt for a while,saw one i liked 98tt 48k £10k,phoned the dealer and asked what i'd get in a trade in,he said WANT TO KNOW THE HONEST TRUTH MATE :D your car's worth£4k,funny thing was he never asked condition of my car or if it had any mods so i said :p

Hasten to add it was none of our respected traders on here :)

Thats not bad really for a trade in on an n/a i think .

Wasn't so much the price offered as they way a figure was arrived at,there were no questions asked about my car so i assumed he may not have asked many questions about the one he was trying to sell me :)

I'm fairly sure more questions would have been asked and questions carried out if you intimated that you may have been interested in doing a deal :)

It's a fair trade in value, but at least one of the turbo's is shot if thats the car Jurgen mentions.

Just a minor point, the mileage they list isn't totally correct if it's silversops car, they haven't factored the miles it's done since being imported. It's only a minor point, but it's more like 56k (81500km when imported, then at least 5500 actual miles).

It's a fair trade in value, but at least one of the turbo's is shot if thats the car Jurgen mentions.

Just a minor point, the mileage they list isn't totally correct if it's silversops car, they haven't factored the miles it's done since being imported. It's only a minor point, but it's more like 56k (81500km when imported, then at least 5500 actual miles).

well thats if it is that one.. but i did spot it for sale at 10k and being 98 am guessing its this one..

Car is on p/h was£10995 now £9995 and is blue put a previous thread on to see if anyone knew it but no reply,i,ll maybe just wait till the exchange rate improves and get a newer one from yourself Jurgen.:D

Ah, not the same one then mate, silversoops ex-car is white.

He'll assume that unless it's a complete dog he'll get 2500 for your car, and he has the TT up at a really high price anyway, so he is just looking at margins.For 5K you can go and buy a perfectly good and tidy TT, so sell yours privately for the market value and buy a TT at auction or privately for sensible money. £10k is a ridiculous amount to pay in the current market, IMO.