The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Now this is what I call a SUPRA

Chiefgroover

Wow, that is a car and half... definitely a lottery win one :)

So much care and attention....

Exterior:

-TRD Widebody Kit. This is a knock off TRD Wide Body kit, not an OEM Toyota kit. Many argue the fit and finish of the knock off kit’s are better, but depends on which kit I suppose. Again pics of the actual widebody conversion of this car can be seen here: http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/trdbody.htm

-European Glass Headlights

-HID Low Beams, Japanese OEM Toyota!!

-Rear wiper has been deleted for a cleaner look

-ALL OEM Toyota/Supra emblems have been removed from the entire car

Wheels and Suspension:

-HRE $$ 543 3 Piece wheels. 18X10 Fronts 265 wide tire 17X11.5 Rears with 315 drag radial. Centers are flat black, lips are polished. Lugnuts are black, ultra lightweight and $$$. Can’t remember who makes them though. Why not bigger? Well it has plenty of room to accept a larger wheel/tire, but that also increases drag and makes for very expensive tire replacement.

-ARP extended wheel studs on all four corners.

-HKS Hipermax RS 33 way adjustable coilovers. I love these shocks.

-TRD 27% stiffer sway bars, front and rear.

Brakes:

Brembo F50 14” big brake kit. Black calipers.

Rears are polished stock calipers, brembo drilled rotors, hawk pads, and stainless braided lines.

Ate’ Super blu racing fluid used exclusively.

Short block:

HKS 3.4L Stroker kit with Anti-Detonation Nickel Coating on piston top and ring lands and Teflon coated skirts.

New block, Fully Heat cycled and cured

New cylinder oil squirters

Billet main caps, lined honed to spec.

Arp main studs & nuts

Power Enterprise Black F1 Main and Rod bearings

PRE-Racing modified oil pump

Oil passages worked and ported for increased flow and lowered turbulence

Diamond honed cylinders – the best cylinder hones available

New oil pan (98 style)

New mid pan

New oil baffle

New oil pick up

New rear main holder

PRE billet .8 micron oil filter. Utilizes replacement elements for oil inspection.

PRE Billet Timing belt tensioner

Fluidamper Harmonic balancer, high horsepower spec

All bolts, nuts, hardware etc. for entire motor is ALL BRAND NEW, nothing was re-used.

Head:

NEW factory Toyota head.

Fully CNC ported, then hand polished, flow tested and balanced

HKS 2.0mm head gasket

ARP L-19 exotic head studs & nuts

Supratech 751 Inconel 1mm+ oversized Exhaust Valves

Supratech 1mm+ oversized Intake Valves

Competition valve seats

Multi angle valve job cut on seats and valves

Ferrea dual valve springs

Ferrea titanium retainers

Ferrea valve keepers

Ferrea spring seats

Ferrea spring locaters

Ferrea valve guides

Teflon/Viton valve stem seals

HKS 272 cams, intake and exhaust

HKS Super strength timing belt

Welded and modded water lines on head

Custom AN feed at back of head for heater core

EGR system has been completely removed and sealed at back of head.

And More…

Sensors:

All new sensors throughout entire engine bay, knock, crank, cams, throttle position, intake air temp, boost pressure, oil temp, oil pressure, etc.

New Ignitor box

New Injector Resistor box

High Output Racing Alternator:

Heavy gauge alternator cable to fuse block feeding battery and fuse box.

Screwed on Alternator cable ends.

Fused Alternator Cable

High Output Alternator

External engine mods:

Valve covers have been modified, custom larger breather ports have been welded on the sides of the valve covers with -12AN fittings. Fully polished. That's right I said -12AN, we don't do it half assed...

Custom 1 off PRE-Racing breather tank with 3.5" filter. Internal baffling, lined with brass mesh and more. Fully polished of course.

New Coil packs

Water line modifications throughout engine bay for a super clean appearance yet highly functional cooling system.

TRD engine mounts

Custom 1 off PRE-Racing Shock tower to motor mount. Adjustable preload.

New engine mount brackets

PRE racing billet oil filter, .8micron filtration.

Fluidamper Harmonic balancer/crank pulley

Engine cam cover plastics are painted in RSP to match engine bay

Spark plug cover and other plastics are custom painted in RSP as well.

Pt2

Air Conditioning and Heat is fully operational, this is a true street car with all amenities.

Heat wrap and HPC (high temperature ceramic coating) is used throughout engine bay in all critical areas:

Water pipes, turbo kit, exhaust parts, water lines, oil lines, vacuum lines, brake lines, etc. have all been wrapped and/or coated in areas of high heat.

Cooling system:

Fluidyne radiator, polished

TRD Low temp thermostat

New OEM Clutch fan, clutch, and fan shroud for hot weather use. (electrics don’t cut it)

Water lines from head that fed factory intake and throttle body are no longer used and have been welded up.

Custom radiator overflow Tank

Radiator and Front mount intercooler custom air deflector plates, polished

Custom silicone upper radiator pipe that will never leak unlike rigid metal units

New OEM modified lower radiator pipe

Water line from water pump that passes under turbo manifold and feeds the heater core, head, etc. is fully custom.

New modified water pump setup for dual ball bearing turbo

Heat shielding on passenger side to keep heat away from sensitive brake components and pressure sensors for boost and boost controller are discreetly mounted and hidden on the firewall. All feed lines are run with Teflon stainless braided hose. Nothing cheap about this build.

Turbo Kit:

Turbo is currently undecided but will most likely be a 42R with a 76mm inducer or the smaller framed 76 it ran last. Both are already sitting here, just deciding what direction to go in.

**TURBO is Decided, Garrett GT42R Hybrid, 76mm inducer, 1.28 Hot Side (it's a 3.4L stroker after all) Twin scroll, HPC coated in black, compressor fully polished, etc. Fits like a glove.

Turbo blanket to decrease under hood temps and aid in spooling.

Divided twin scroll HKS exhaust housing, T4, fully HPC coated in black.

Custom stainless braided water lines to turbo, heat wrapped with ultra high temp shielding using –6an lines and fittings.

Compressor housing is extended, fabricated and welded to utilize a 3” silicone coupler that is easy to access and wont blow off.

Compressor housing is fully polished.

Custom Oil feed to turbo, Stainless braided Teflon spun line with ultra high temp heat shielding. –4AN line

Custom oil return with stainless braided line –10AN, heat wrapped with ultra high temp heat wrap.

HKS 60MM wastegate

Wastegate dump tube is HPC coated in black.

Waste gate lines are run with Stainless braided teflon spun race hosing using -AN fittings throughout. All wastegate hoses are then covered in ultra high temp heat shielding for added protection.

5” intake piping

Intake pipe was fabricated in house and has been powder coated silver.

K&N 5" race filter

All black high temp silicone couplers throughout turbo system.

Front mount intercooler:

Greddy 4 row with true 3.5” outlet on intake side to match intercooler piping and throttle body so there is no pressure loss or restriction. Fabricated and welded for perfect fit, then ported internally for proper flow. All black high temp silicone couplers used throughout. Polished intercooler

Blow off valves:

Twin Tial polished 50mm Blow off valves, running stainless braided Teflon spun lines with AN fittings that will never blow off. 1 on each side of FMIC

Intake Manifold:

Hypertune intake manifold with removable runners

3.5” Hypertune throttle body.

Built in velocity stacks at the end of each runner

Added vacuum ports on bottom of intake manifold welded on and set up for AN fittings

Idle Air Control Valve welded on bottom of intake manifold.

Custom Throttle cable

Fully polished intake manifold, throttle body and fuel rail.

Fully custom 3.5” fully polished intercooler piping with a perfectly cut hole for piping to run through. Pics show the detail better then the description can.

Fuel system:

1200CC Custom RC injectors

Hypertune Fuel Rail

Dual Denso high flow fuel pumps -NO Cheap Walbros

OEM Toyota In tank fuel pump pre-filters

Anti static fuel pump insulation wrap in fuel tank

Dual relays running high current power source to each pump in trunk area

Aeroquip in tank ultra high performance fuel hose

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with external fuel pressure gauge

Custom Fuel pressure regulator mount

Dual massive .8micron inline fuel filters to make sure that even the smallest particles are kept out of the injectors. Proven to work exceptionally well in sandy areas (Qatar, Bahrain, Arizona, etc) in cars we have built.

Dual –6AN fuel feeds to engine bay

Custom Large flow fuel rail and mounts – fully polished

All stainless braided hoses throughout.

Quick release injector clips

Pt 3

Engine management:

HKS F-con V-pro Stand Alone Engine management.

F-con V-pro V3.24 head unit

Two HKS Mixture controllers discreetly mounted in center console for 2 step RPM control (launch control) or timing maps on the fly.

HKS Intake air temp sensor

HKS super wide range Pressure sensor

HKS Custom F-con V-pro harness

HKS F-con AF/Knock amp with display custom mounted in rear view mirror for heads up type display while driving.

HKS super wide range Oxygen sensor

EGT with exhaust gas temperature sensor properly mounted 3 inches from the head in the #6 exhaust runner, Oil pressure, and oil temperature gauges used as well.

F-con controls the fuel pumps sequentially so that only one pump is run at low speeds/low boost and the other is operational only when needed. This keeps fuel temps low and reduces the possibility of detonation or octane loss from super heated fuel.

F-con controls the Nitrous system completely with multiple redundant safety features.

Battery/Electrical:

Optima blue top, deep cycle, marine battery

Remote trunk mounted battery setup

Custom 1 off Pre-Racing made battery tray and mount

Custom Battery wiring

Fused throughout car

Expansion blocks in trunk area to feed nitrous system, stereo, and fuel pumps

High heat shielding on all wiring

Gold battery terminals and connections

Cage work:

Do-luck tension set/cage.

Powder coated black to match paint.

Boost control:

HKS EVC EZ II intelligent boost controller, a super accurate boost controller that is very easy to use.

Clutch:

Currently RPS Twin Disc Carbon Carbon with lightweight Aluminum flywheel. The clutch is the only power limiting factor on the car, everything else is capable of BIG 4 digit RWHP and built accordingly but the clutch wont take it. Limited to the 1000-1100RWHP mark. Tilton all the way if you plan to go to a larger turbo. Otherwise the car is built to take whatever you can throw at it.

Ate’ Super blue high temp clutch fluid

Transmission:

New TRD transmission mount

New B&M short shifter powder coated black for a more discreet and european look.

Solid shifter mount bushings

Rear diff:

TRD limited slip rear differential for better traction and increased strength.

All new Diff seals, Bearings, Etc.

Interior Electronics:

Custom Knock Amp AF/Knock display mounted in rear view mirror.

Apexi gauges in pillar pod near driver. Boost, EGT

Oil pressure gauge mounted in clock location

TRD 10,000 RPM Tachometer

Custom RSP painted dash panels and plastics throughout interior, chrome rings on every circular piece. (gauges, dash controls, shifter, etc)

Wiring:

All Custom harnesses for engine management

Custom re-wired main engine wiring harness

Custom main engine body harness

Custom wiring harnesses, connectors, wiring shielding in engine bay and throughout car.

Meticulously built with attention to detail everywhere

Interior:

Sparco Milano Suede seats CUSTOM done in black and RSP

RSP Suede and Carbon Fiber on door panels

RSP Suede and carbon cloth shifter panel

Black factory carpeting

Black on RSP look with all interior items powder coated black or RSP to match exterior paint, roll cage, rear strut bar, shifter assembly, etc.

Stereo:

Alpine CD player, I-pod controller, Satellite radio ready

Upgraded front and rear speakers (I forget what they are off hand)

Twin Alpine amps, 1 for subs, 1 for front and rear speakers.

Completely custom modular stereo system that can be removed in full in less then an hour. Perfect for track days, or to access any part of the car with ease. TO access fuel pumps takes less then 5 minutes. Designed accordingly.

Pictures do the rest of the system more justice then my description will

Pt 4

Chroming, polished:

Chromed factory power steering pump pulley

CNC’d idler pulley

Fully polished idler

Chromed idler /shift shock brackets

Fully polished intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail

Fully polished custom valve covers

Fully polished Radiator over flow tank

Fully polished custom upper water neck

Fully polished custom lower water neck

Fully polished compressor housing on turbo

Fully polished PRE made breather tank and polished filter.

Chromed Ignitor cover

Powder Coated intake pipe to Turbo

Fully polished intercooler piping.

Polished fluidyne radiator

Polished radiator deflector plate

Polished Front mount intercooler deflector plate

Chromed Radiator mounting brackets

Polished custom battery mount

Chromed/polished pulleys

Exhaust:

True 4” custom downpipe, HPC coated black and heat wrapped for additional protection

True 4” custom midpipe, HPC coated black

HKS Titanium 4” exhaust

V-band clamps used throughout exhaust system

NOS:

Nitrous has never yet been used on this car.

Nitrous Oxide Wet kit with single nozzle installed.

Small 100hp wet shot is set up, set up to spool turbo extra quickly when needed.

Custom switches mounted in passenger area. Nitrous system activation switch, arming switch, Bottle heater, and purge button discreetly mounted inside center console

Bottle Heater

Bottle blanket

Nitrous system is completely HKS F-con triggered and managed for drivers peace of mind. Nitrous will not spray unless boost is in ideal range, rpm’s are in ideal range, timing is in ideal range, throttle position is in ideal range, etc. Can be tailored for end users preferences.

Purge kit

Large NX solenoids all in black.

10lb NX bottle

Quick release bottle brackets

Discreetly mounted solenoids, purge solenoid and dump for nitrous purge with custom mounting bracket to blend with engine bay.

Custom Bottle Dump Tubing for emergency bottle venting.

Fluids used:

Royal purple Synchromax transmission fluid

Redline shockproof LSD fluid

Royal purple Power steering fluid

Ate’ Super blue brake fluid

Ate’ Super blue clutch fluid

So there you go, that’s the short version of the build. Since the car isn’t fully complete at the time of this write up I may change a few things here or there but nothing radical outside of the list here. (contemplating re-painting engine bay, and other misc. things) Whatever is changed will be noted accordingly in later posts.

The big question… Why am I selling it? I own several Supra’s and my favorite is still my black beauty AKA the “JEDI” and I never have time to drive any of them. So I am thinning the herd down. Including the cost of the car there is over $227,000.00 invested in this car. Documented. I understand the hit the economy has taken and things are hard for everyone right now, so we have taken that into consideration. It is very important to me that this car find a good home, that is a lot more important than how much $ it is sold for. So buyers will be screened (we will confirm that you understand what this car is, what your experience level is, etc) and will also be trained in how to care for the car, how to drive it, etc. Now then, with all things considered Asking price is set for a Fast sale at $79,999.99 Will consider partial trades, I need a new daily driver and wouldn’t mind another Lexus IS-F + cash.

Whilst I respect the work that's gone into this build the breather system concerns me...

For starters catch cans should be LOWER that the breather outlets...

I'd like to see you try that on my Tiger. The breather pipe on the Pinto is half way up the block, there's very little chance of mounting the tank that low in the engine bay.

Awesome car but why after all that hard work does he leave the Taxi Steering Wheel ??

Because most aftermarket wheels look like junk?

I mean, if there is one thing that will put me off a Supra's interior it's some idiots decision to fit a POS steering wheel instead of the perfectly good stocker...

He could have only improved it by fitting the facelift 3-spoke.

Because most aftermarket wheels look like junk?

I mean, if there is one thing that will put me off a Supra's interior it's some idiots decision to fit a POS steering wheel instead of the perfectly good stocker...

He could have only improved it by fitting the facelift 3-spoke.

You are forgetting the TRD steering Wheel, in my opinion is the nicest but also probably the most expensive