The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crazy idea for a new project...

Sean1933

After a few beers and hours of searching for new cars on pistonheads without anything really making me wow, i have had a crazy idea. No matter how hard i want to try something new i keep coming back to supra's ;) , however after looking at TVR's i wondered how hard it would be to put a single tubby supra lump in say a Tuscan or possibly a T350c. Discuss......

Oh and if anyone has any other ideas re good projects or a new car with decent power, sub £20K that i may not have thought of please comment.

:D

Not fancy going retro?

To be honest, what is that car!?

Not really mate, lookin for raw performance with a bit of street cred too...also been looking at Monaro's and Evo 8's...but i just dont know. Need to drive loads of performance cars to see what feels right I guess, thats easier said than done. Then again I like the idea of another project.

:rolleyes:

To be honest, what is that car!?

Not really mate, lookin for raw performance with a bit of street cred too...also been looking at Monaro's and Evo 8's...but i just dont know. Need to drive loads of performance cars to see what feels right I guess, thats easier said than done. Then again I like the idea of another project.

:rolleyes:

It's a Celica :D, it's got more street cred than any Evo or Monaro IMHO :D

After a few beers and hours of searching for new cars on pistonheads without anything really making me wow, i have had a crazy idea. No matter how hard i want to try something new i keep coming back to supra's ;) , however after looking at TVR's i wondered how hard it would be to put a single tubby supra lump in say a Tuscan or possibly a T350c. Discuss......

Oh and if anyone has any other ideas re good projects or a new car with decent power, sub £20K that i may not have thought of please comment.

:D

i do actually think this isn't a bad idea, everyones heard of how unreliable TVR's are and i thought this was a bit of urban myth until i actually saw one broken down by the side of the road many moons ago, the cars look superb and coupled with the reliability of a 2JZGTE it would all make sense, with the size of the TVR engine bay i really dont think this would be to difficult

i do actually think this isn't a bad idea, everyones heard of how unreliable TVR's are and i thought this was a bit of urban myth until i actually saw one broken down by the side of the road many moons ago, the cars look superb and coupled with the reliability of a 2JZGTE it would all make sense, with the size of the TVR engine bay i really dont think this would be to difficult

The trouble I have with this is that it's not the actual engine that is the weak link (unless you choose a Speed 6), choose an AJP 4.2 or 4.5 & you'll be fine.

Putting a 2JZ in a Cerbera may not buy you the reliability you desired :)

What about a Monaro with a charger on it, didnt Jamie do this? Anyone know what he thought of it?...then again he did come back to Supra's!

That was my views too Paul, seemed to make sense as the the TVR engine is renouned for unreliability. I though a good small tubbied 500 BHP supra engine in a TVR would be mental. However i was worried about the difference in engine weights as the Supra lump is bound to weigh more. Would prefer to do it to a T350 as i prefer the way they look to the Tuscan, then again your looking at a £17K donor car before you start where as a Tuscan is more like £12K. :search:

The problem with the TVR is:

1) They are a death trap

2) The engine is only one thing of concern, the chassis (and most other important components) rust like you wouldn't believe

3) They are a death trap

If you want to do something retro for £20k, how about a 240 or 280z with a SBC SC fitted? Very light, very rare and a rediculous amount of torque. It'd be a fair bit quicker than a single supra.