The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie for advice/opinions etc

Guest Proprius_Emundo

Guest Proprius_Emundo

Dave, Glasgow.

Currently own a BMW 318Ci Coupe, looking to pass that to my folks or sell it privately as just been to the bank, found out I can basically get a loan for much cheaper a month than I'm paying out at the moment.

Loan amount would be £7500

With that I'm looking around for when I change car which will hopefully be soon if the folks get their fingers out and make up their minds!

Looking at Supra's and ideally I'd be wanting an aero top but its not a necessity. Don't know much about Supras to be perfectly honest, except from looking and admiring from afar.

Wouldn't want something thats gonna be overly thirsty on the petrol, but dont want something that, performance-wise will just blend in with the cars currently on the road.

Also would like something with some styling on it as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Dave, Glasgow.

Wouldn't want something thats gonna be overly thirsty on the petrol

It is very compared with a 1.8

It will stand out from a crowd in looks and performance.

As for something with some styling, well it has loads as is, but i assume you want one with lots of fibreglass bits on it?

Welcome Dave,

Do you have any preference on gearbox (auto / manual). Also N/A or Turbo preferences. £7500 will buy you a very nice car. Performance wise an N/A will blend in with the rest of todays cars performance wise, a TT will certainly not :)

You can say that again Dave :)

Hahaha apologies for the double post, damned iPhone loves doing that for some reason....

Have you thought maybe about an Mk2 MR2? You could get a truly amazing one with your budget and they are far better on fuel than a Supe...

• 2 months later...

30 mpg! the best i have seen is 25, and that was on a run. best not to worry yourself with mpg's. lets face it; fuel, tax, and insurance are all part and parcel of car ownership. paying that little extra for a supra is worth it. the thing to worry about is that these cars are getting old, and many of them have been abused. crank pulleys, turbo failure, valve stem seals perishing, bushes going, wheels bearing and drive shaft wear.... just a few things that'll keep your overdraft awake at night. but i do agree, you could get a very nice mr2 turbo for that money - just dont plan on driving it around corners in the rain