The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible Next Car

Guest mister2gts

Guest mister2gts

Have always wanted a mkiv. I'm currently driving a gen7 celica T-sport, but previous to that I had an mr2 rev 3 turbo (hybrid turbo, GTS Rev 3, TEIN coilovers, Wedsports, ARC induction, APEXI FC etc)

Now i'm up for a change of car.

I've been reading the forums on here for some time now. but i'm torn between a mkiv na auto (i do a lot of motorway mileage) or an rx8 (231bhp).

Two questions:

1) BPUs - what sort of MPG can i expect (i've read the forums and searched etc but seem to get varying MPGs when comparing to the rx8's 23-24.8

2) Rear leg room - 90% of my driving is just me and the other half, but my 10yr old will be in the back sometimes - what's leg room like (pics would be good:))

Many thanks

BPU? That's on the TT only. And on the motorway you can expect over 30mpg if you have a 6spd - I'm not sure about an auto.

You can get passengers in the back if they have no legs, or if you have no legs, otherwise they generally have to sit across the seats!

BPU? That's on the TT only. And on the motorway you can expect over 30mpg if you have a 6spd - I'm not sure about an auto.

You can get passengers in the back if they have no legs, or if you have no legs, otherwise they generally have to sit across the seats!

We have had 4 People in M4RK_RZ's supra, all around the 6 foot mark.

It was uncomfortable as hell but possible.

10yr old should be fine in the back!

I've got an RX-8 just now and had 2 N/A autos and going on your 2 questions above;

N/A Auto, I used to see up to 28 on my daily commute but the RX-8 gets 22 on a good week.

Space in the rear, you'll be fine with a 10yr old behind the passengers seat in the Supra, access is a lot easier in the RX-8 with more room and a lot more comfortable.

If you are something to chomp the motorway miles, get the Supra, if you like B roads, get the RX-8.