The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the club!

Guest Mike759

Guest Mike759

My name's mike, i'm 21 from Plymouth. Serving in the British Army and today is my 3 year anniversary! Don't yet have a supra, but i'm intending to get one as soon as i return from Afghanistan next March.

Been viewing the forums for a while and thought i'd get involved. :D

Guest Mike759

No i thought that. I'm still looking through the forums and there was a message at the top of the screen, so i thought i might as well...

Thanks for the reply anyway :)

Guest Mike759

Hey guys and gals, sorry it's taken a while with the replies, i've been away for the weekend. Thanks for all the welcome messages :)

For those who want to know, i'm a lowly REME VM ;) serving with a TA Battalion at the moment, so i'll probably be in Bastion for the whole tour... :rolleyes: Didn't notice there were quite so many of us on here!

Anyways, if there's anything you want to know or ask, just fire away, so to speak :D

Oh by the way, Leonidas, i'm after a Manual either N/A or preferebly single turbo with a budget of about 5k. Seen a few around, so hopefully i'll find what i'm after.

What about you?

Hello and welcome!

A budget of £5k will get you a very nice manual NA, probably with cash to spare. A single turbo is a very different beast, at the opposite end of performance and potential hassle to look after. Toyota never produced a single turbo'd mkIV supra, so every single turbo one is bespokie to a certain extent. A £5k single turbo is likely to cause you a world of financial pain.

Oh by the way, Leonidas, i'm after a Manual either N/A or preferebly single turbo with a budget of about 5k. Seen a few around, so hopefully i'll find what i'm after.

What about you?

You could get a very nice N/A or a ropey Single for that money :)

I'd personally rather go TT than single, at least for my first ever car ;)

Guest Mike759

Cheers for the advice Stevie. To be honest i was starting to think about just going for the N/A anyway. A bit of an upgrade from what i'm driving now (106 1.1) :)

Think when it comes to it i'll get some quotes for a TT, but the way it's looking at the moment, the insurance may be a bit too steep...

Ah well, decisions decisions :D

Welcome mate

I am in cornwall so not too far from you, there are quite a few of us in and around plymouth so if you fancy a spin in an na or tt we could prob arange something.

5k will get you a nice 6speed NA Facelift.........or maybe 1/3rd of a single hehe;)

Guest Mike759

Cheers Dan, yeah i noticed there were quite a few from this neck of the woods. Don't recall seeing that many Supras around though (apart from a lovely electric blue one i saw on the A38 :) ) That would be awesome if i had that opportunity. Wouldn't want to impose too much though...

Been getting some quotes recently for a TT and i was shocked. Putting in my details as i would this time next year, Elephant quoted me £1046 for 12 months! :blink:

I may have to rethink my budget if this is the case!