The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someones trying to kill me!

dazla

For the last 3 weeks i have been hearing a slight knocking on the backend of the supe, I didnt think it was anything serious but i knew i had to get it in the garage sometime soon.

Well i was on my way home from work the other day and the noise got really bad, it sounded like i had a flat so i drove stright to the garage. I told them about the noise so he started to have a gander. It took him 10 seconds to spot that there was only 2 nuts holding my wheel on. I couldnt believe it. Some shit bag has either tried to kill me off or attempted to steel my wheels. They even got the locking nut out aswell.

Then just to add insult to injury the machanic started to tighten what nuts a had left and snaped one of them off so i have to have that sorted now. I'm So peed off:(

Oh dear,

To be fair you should have had a quick look around yourself in the 3 weeks you have had this knocking !!

Sorry to hear about this it will have been some one trying to nick your wheels bloody gets !!

Tell me about it. I felt like a right idiot. Because i dont do many miles to and from work i just kept forgetting. I'll know for next time.:confused:

:blink: ?

lucky escape Daz.

Mike

Just from his other post...like you say lucky...and he was saying about not being able to get a pram in the boot either..omg what if his child was in the car when a wheel came off

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

Just from his other post...like you say lucky...and he was saying about not being able to get a pram in the boot either..omg what if his child was in the car when a wheel came off

Thats what i thought. The strange thing is that it could only have happend at home, work, or the gym. Now the gym is on a asda car park full of people. work is secure, and home is impossible. Theres no room to get any wheels off, only the one they have tampered with. that just tells me someone wants me to have an accident.

Very odd. If someone was going to the effort of trying to make you have an accident, why would they have bothered to take the locking wheel off? Surely the other 3/4 normal ones would have been easier?

I think someone must have been trying to get away with your wheels. Either got interupted or gave up.

SH!tter mate :(

Very odd. If someone was going to the effort of trying to make you have an accident, why would they have bothered to take the locking wheel off? Surely the other 3/4 normal ones would have been easier?

I think someone must have been trying to get away with your wheels. Either got interupted or gave up.

SH!tter mate :(

He came out before we managed to get the last two off;)

:) Maybe they have come loose and worked their way off ....with the knocking for a while quote Daz ? sounds a more acceptable reason

Cheers

-Ian-

I'd have to go along with that also as my wheel came off on the M1 a couple of weeks back. Due to a snapped stud & all the nuts worked there way off too :(

I'd be replacing all the studs really as you don't know how damaged they now are. When my mate helped me check my brake pad wear he only rathchetted the wheel on and forgot to torque them on his side. I got about 2 miles before the noise started and I stopped as soon as it did as it was proper scary.

:) Maybe they have come loose and worked their way off ....with the knocking for a while quote Daz ? sounds a more acceptable reason

Where you been matey we aint seen you for ages :)

Cheers

-Ian-

I hope thats the case Ian, i'm well paranoid now.

Yea not been on for ages matey, just been really busy with baby stuff. Kept saying to my self i must got back on the club but never got round to it. plus jems always on the comp doing her uni stuff.

Gonna have to start coming to a few meets again i think.

Are you well insured life assurance wise..and have you upset your other half recently :D

Vicki x

:D its funny you should say that vicki. We had a bad row 2 nights before. Think i'll have to keep a close eye on her now:)