The mkiv Supra Owners Club

not a nice job

movistar

I removed my rear hubs last night all ready for the wheel bearing removal today....well what a nightmare:(, took much longer than anticipated and smacked my little finger with a hammer too, so hard it split :taped:.

The bearings were done at work with the use of a press which would be OK if the poxy hub fitted through part of the press that you want it too[sAD][/sAD] so where there's a will there is a way and i got round it, it would have been so much easier if the back plate was able to be removed enough to get some proper plates behind it[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Just a piece of advice to any of you considering this job...give your self plenty of spare time and a wide range of drifts and sockets.

So tonight i really cant be arsed to put them back on ..as the finger is still throbbing, maybe tomorrow....

Next job for next week are the eibachs and bilstein's...getting ready for my le mans trip with my mates:)

hmm was told it was a pita , as i think either one or both bearings are a bit noisy on mine .

hope the finger gets better

Your not wrong Peter...long time no see, hope you well and maybe see you at a meet again soon:)

I was glad that at least i didn't have to heat up the hub to get the bearing collar off...Just a bit of brute force:innocent:

was at japfest but missed everyone lol , saw si he was busy doing johns lights and IDO as he wanted mitts

Yeah i was there too, i had a walk around andrewOW(black areo top with the same wheels as us:))

I only stayed untill 3 then shot off as i had stuff to do, i think i saw your car ...but not you??

• 4 weeks later...