The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Are The Ideal Spares To take To A Track Day

Guest carnewman

Guest carnewman

i soon i will be going to llandlow trackday.Will i need to take any spares of some kind? Such as Wheels? Brake Pads? trousers?:rolleyes:

As long as your car is upto scratch ie plenty of meat on the pads/discs, newish tyres, fresh fluids you shouldn`t need any spares, you could take a new front nearside tyre if you plan on really thrashing it though, Llandow is known to eat these like they`re going out of fashion:d i normally take some water and a drop of oil just incase.

I've often wondered if my AA relay would get me home if I blow it up on track. Last time I called the AA, I asked the airhead at the call centre if this was the case and she said "yes, no problem".

I had always thought that I would need a tow to a public road?

I've often wondered if my AA relay would get me home if I blow it up on track. Last time I called the AA, I asked the airhead at the call centre if this was the case and she said "yes, no problem".

I had always thought that I would need a tow to a public road?

You get towed off the circuit into the paddock by the marshalls. Then you call the AA / RAC because you "were there to watch your mate, and your car broke down just as you were leaving for home".

Not that I've done this before you understand, but it does work.:innocent:

There is no limit to the things you might benefit from when attending a track day; the trick is to find where to draw a line for the thing YOU might need to avoid a 'show stopper'; e.g. you might find your car uses a little oil when driven hard, no biggie so long as you have a bit spare to top up... or the same for coolant... keep thinking along those lines.

Basic roadside recovery items are easy enough to transport but could save a wasted day; a wheel brace, trolley jack, screwdrivers & spanners, suitible temporary-repair/bodywork-securing tape if you're unlucky enough to have an accident; things that shouldn't happen if you build speed slowly but aren't that bad to plan for just in case (i.e. would rather have them than not if faced with that scenario) and to keep in the back of your mind so you don't go crazy in the first place. Cable ties, snips... basic stuff :)

And the 'breakdown' *cough* cover of course. ;)

Take some basics and a sensible attitude and you shouldn't go far wrong really. :)

Nope, it's a real bare minimum to keep the costs down affair. Just make sure what you've got on the car has plenty of tread on them - and/or - can you bring a spare set?

TBH you'd be unlucky to pick up a puncture on the track; more likely on the way to/from the track on the normal roads.