The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Friend has challenged me to a race?

kslb

friend of mine has challenged me to a race against his porche but not sure whether to accept. He said it is making 550bhp after a remap but not been on a dyno. He said it was a preset remap done over the internet???? What do these things make as standard?

It is a 2003 911 turbo so probably pretty quick, would I stand a chance?

Obviously not on the road by the way before you all start the " grow up and don't race on the roads" posts.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT67 DBB obviously supporting mods and made 577bhp on last remap by RyanG.

Full spec in my garage.

Well give it a go then!! When you say race, do you mean drag, or track?

Which ever it would be a good'n and you should defo film it!

I think the porshes' edge will be weight? I presume they are lighter.

how much more money is still in your wallet :-)

Or not! lol.

Can you put all of your power down to the tarmac ? dont forget the engine's over the driving wheels on the Porsche so i'd expect that to beat you off the line.

I do think the porche would have me off the line. I have got the rltc fitted and set up so that should help but I suppose I will have to give it a go and see. He is off shore at the moment so I will try and set it up for next time he is home.

Cheers guys although I was kind of hoping you all just said the porche will win hands down so I could forget about it!

id back the supra personally, not jus because i love them , because iv seen supra put pay to many "super" cars over the years and your spec is pretty impressive .

Thanks I will give it a go and let you guys know the outcome.

If you can drive you should be OK. The Porker is 4WD so will suffer more transmission loss anyway, but your suspension will have to be fairly good. Are we talking straight line or around a track? Either way, give it a shot IMO (of nitrous if you want, that'll surprise him :D)

Why not? It would be an interesting tete-a-tete.

Plus you only need to come up with one excuse, win or lose. You have bragging rights that your 10yr old motor came out on top; or if you lose (heaven forbid) "well, I AM driving a 10yr old motor".

Make sure you get some video footage of it if you do take up the challenge.