The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra advice?

martini

Any thoughts on this Supra guys?

I'm getting close to looking into my options and want to get some idea of the market and so on. I've contacted Jurgen and will do so a little nearer to possible purchase time, but at the moment I am scouting :)

Any comments welcome. Is it fairly priced?

Expensive!! Gaz1 is selling a silver '93 GZ auto TT for 4.5K. If TT is too high on insurance for you and you want a manual look at jlgee80's '94 black NA for 3.7K. Best bet is to take a look in the for sale section on here as there are lots to choose from which are ALL well maintained and ALL well cared for. Welcome to the club BTW.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Thanks guys. Thought as much. I'm going to be a proper member at some point... just saving like nuts at the moment!

Insurance... 26 yrs old, no no claims, could joint share with GF of 10 years no claims... live in Manchester... will NA and TT be very different in insurance?

After a manual :)

Edited by martini (see edit history)

The original car in this thread used to belong to Ste D. He sold it for £3800. I think that is a bit naughty...!!:rolleyes:

H.

Yes it is.... very naughty considering there has been little done to it and it was less than 2 months ago that it was sold.

If it hasn't changed much, then yes it is. What has changed, to your knowledge??

From what I have read from the ad the only difference is the tyres.

Yes it is.... very naughty considering there has been little done to it and it was less than 2 months ago that it was sold.

From what I have read from the ad the only difference is the tyres.

Texting him now.

Also blows any chance of me buying outside of this forum. I understand trying to make a bit of money, but if this is true it's shameful.

Edited by martini (see edit history)

Texting him now.

Also blows any chance of me buying outside of this forum. I understand trying to make a bit of money, but if this is true it's shameful.

Shameful indeed. To give you some sense of persepective. I paid £5000 for my facelift NA manual nearly two and a half years ago.

Ste D paid £4100 for that car around 16 months ago.

I would be patient and you will find a good car at the right price. I have spent around 3k on my car and I wouldn't expect to recoup that money. I reckon around 4K is the right price for that car IMO..!!

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

This is an immaculate Supra and did wonder if I had underpriced it with the amount of interest I got and the fact that the car sold within 1 week, but the bottom had fallen out of the market and NA's were going for much less.

Finding it difficult to believe that within 2 months of selling it that the market has picked up that much!!:blink:

Good luck with your search as I've said this is a great example just at a very high price.

Yeh, I think my membership here has just paid for itself though. Not sure if I am going to go NA or not... ideally want a TT (worried about first time insurance though)... budget might be up to £8k if I can though.

No reply to the text and I don't think the market has picked up at all...

Yeh, I think my membership here has just paid for itself though. Not sure if I am going to go NA or not... ideally want a TT (worried about first time insurance though)... budget might be up to £8k if I can though.

No reply to the text and I don't think the market has picked up at all...

Knowing what I know now, I would look for a TT straight off mate. My NA has been brilliant and I love driving it but I am now needing more power..!!

Insurance prices will vary but usually there is little in price between a TT and NA. Habe you tried A-plan or Adrian Flux??

Take you time and you'll get the right car. One thing you get from members of this forum is an honest opinion whether you like it or not...:)

H.

Insurance is only about 50 sheets different bud.

Awesome.

Have you tried A-plan or Adrian Flux??

Take you time and you'll get the right car. One thing you get from members of this forum is an honest opinion whether you like it or not...:)

I've not tried anything yet... but my friend at work has a 350z and I think he is with Admiral. I'll be a Dr. by the time I get the Supra, so maybe that'd change the way that look at things?? Who knows.

I am definitely holding out. I won't make a rash decision. Financially, I have to scope out the market now... it'd be silly to buy unless it was dirt cheap. If it's dirt cheap... it's dirt.

I'll be looking around and I am in this for the long haul... wanted one of these since 1998 (Gran Turismo). That's not gunna change. Only other car I would look at would be a GTR R34 V Spec... and they ain't cheap!

Edited by martini
Forgot when GT came out. (see edit history)

Gran Turismo came out in 1998 dude :)

Also that bloke will never get the money he wants for that NA Supra on pistonheads - its a joke price.

Oh yeh! Doh!

I haven't received a reply from him since I asked him politely... oh well.

I'll wait for a TT anyway. ;)

Could be worth having a NA if you can get one for a reasonable cost but you are right to hold out for a TT if you can be patient and its ultimately what you want.

For what its worth I don't particularly have an issue with the guy "trying" to sell the car for more than he paid, after all the traders on here making a living doing it and are praised for it not called 'naughty' :D

Shameful indeed. To give you some sense of persepective. I paid £5000 for my facelift NA manual nearly two and a half years ago.

Ste D paid £4100 for that car around 16 months ago.

H.

I paid £4600 for the supe and Lynz paid £4100 for a 96' Facelift about 10 months ago.