The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When the Supra gets boring

Axle

What next?

Don't think i would want to sell her.

Is it time for a single conversion? Or would the fun of that soon wear off before i realise i could have spent that 10k towards something more unique? (Corvette Stingray 6.9L ??)

Who knows how you will feel.

A still think a single conversion is a lot of bang for buck.

All the money i have spent, that i have seen something back from (not the money wasted on the various cowboys across teh country) i haven't got one ounce of regret for.... Completely love it.

I do have various other slower cars.

Can't get much slower then an Audi 1.8T can you?

Anyway, going single is an option, and hearing people state they are happy with theirs makes it appear all the more worthwhile.

On the flipside though, i do know there are various people who are not so happy with their singles?

Hmmmmm...

I do have various other slower cars.

Can't get much slower then an Audi 1.8T can you?

Anyway, going single is an option, and hearing people state they are happy with theirs makes it appear all the more worthwhile.

On the flipside though, i do know there are various people who are not so happy with their singles?

Hmmmmm...

If its a healthy base car, and you use quality parts and somebody that knows what they are doing with the fitting and mapping then it should be plain sailing mate.

Go out in one to make sure its what you want first though, it is a lot of money to spend out and with car prices at the moment 10k will go a long way towards another nice car, is yours auto or manual?

it is a lot of money to spend out and with car prices at the moment 10k will go a long way towards another nice car

That is also my thinking.

However, how many of those would be quicker then a well setup single?

Mine is currently an Auto, so that would have to go too - So roughly another £2,500.

Hmmmm...

That is also my thinking.

However, how many of those would be quicker then a well setup single?

Mine is currently an Auto, so that would have to go too - So roughly another £2,500.

Hmmmm...

You could stay on the stock autobox if you keep to a small single, some seem to last years and others not so long, id suggest a drive out in Lui's car, phr stage 1 and auto box.:)

I was close to selling mine a couple of years ago and having completed my single install myself gave me some interest in the car again, then there`s the way it drives now:), if you`re handy with a spanner its not too bad a job really.

Have you been out in one? serious downgrade from a single turbo supra imo.

I agree, my brother had one. Wasnt overly impressed. Although sounded awesome.

It had electrical faults, and was only 2 months old.

You could stay on the stock autobox if you keep to a small single, some seem to last years and others not so long, id suggest a drive out in Lui's car, phr stage 1 and auto box.:)

I want alot more power then the Autobox would cope with. Plus i love driving manuals, specially on track you cant beat them.

Also, my w126 Mercedes outruns the supra, albeit with a v12 engine, but still that should not be happening.

My Supra needs a new Turbo i think. Now just to decide on which one.

Edited by Axle (see edit history)

Just to check axle. Are you bpu already?

I think manual would make a good difference.

It took me a long time to be happy with my single. There is always something to do or change. It's unbeatable on song though!

I think i'm very fortunate the way my single has come out. I love it and it delivers power better better than stock

I'd defo steer away from anything large. Just makes the car hard to drive and has unusable power for most of the time.

Small single... set up properly, a pleasure to drive.

Have you been out in one? serious downgrade from a single turbo supra imo.

I've driven a few, but it's not all about the power for me. I have always loved them, I think they're the best looking TVR and although not as quick as a single, they do go well.

It would have to be pretty darn special to make me sell the Supra though. I'll probably end up with both :D

If you are thinking of going single I would sell up and buy one already done. I am very happy with my single it is the muts nuts but if I still had all the money I had ploughed into it I am not sure I would do it again, I would probably spend it on a track car for the weekends.

Although if I had that money now it would probably stay in the bank as junior No1 is due soon!