The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra owner over the pond

Guest verbal

Guest verbal

Evening everybody!

Name is Sean, located in Winnipeg, MB Canada. I've been lurking mkivsupra for a year and a bit now, and I finally took the plunge and found myself a beautiful white 6sp TT, Engine/Tranny totally stock, only after market parts are an exhaust, rims and steering wheel.

enough of the boring stuff, onto the pictures!

Hello & welcome, could I ask what it took to get a second hand righthand drive car imported and registered in Canada? What's the current legislation on that?

Hi mate, one of the main rules I think is they have to be 15yrs+ so only 93/94's allowed in at present

Guest verbal
Hello & welcome, could I ask what it took to get a second hand righthand drive car imported and registered in Canada? What's the current legislation on that?

Hi mate, one of the main rules I think is they have to be 15yrs+ so only 93/94's allowed in at present

Very true, all places in Canada (except quebec as of april 27th 2009), will allow you to bring in and register a RHD vehicle as long as it is 15yrs old to the production month.

Quebec just recently passed an overnight legislation 'temporarily' banning the registration of RHD vehicles for 180 days effective April 29th (no notice or warning given to people who already had vehicles on a boat)

Unlucky for those who went to go register their cars on April 28th or 29th, the quebec government just washed $20,000 down the drain for some people.

Mine will be landing in Vancouver this week and should be sitting in my driveway first week of June. It's like Christmas counting sleeps until it gets here!

Thanks for that chaps, over the last few months been chatting with a few people on and off about moving abroad (various locations) and the subject always comes up whether to take a car with you or just import one when you get there.

Guest verbal
Very nice car :) If you're ever in Saskatoon, send me a PM - we have a few Supras in town :D

I'll be driving it home from Calgary and actually going through Saskatoon to see a friend, he knows a couple GTR's out there. We should defineatly meet up when I'm there, it'll be nice to see another Supra owner