The mkiv Supra Owners Club

why a supra

liam1

what made you go for a supra? did you look at any other japanese cars, do you regret it do you wish you had got something else or is it the best car you have ever owned have you spent a lot of money and looking back would you do it all over again.

I've always loved the look of Supras and knew they were quick. Didn't know you could get a non-turbo model until looking on autotrader one day. Insurance was silly money but a year or so after that i bought an N/A. Sold that because the insurance was going stupid, tried MR2 turbo, Audi S3, but then came back with a TT. No comparison, love the Supras!

well before the supra i wad an integra type r, great little car!!!

I’m now in the supra club and i love it!

Supra and Mustang gt 500 are my dream cars!

the supra i already have, the mustang we never know!!

but I’m very happy with my supra, if someone come to me trading my supra for a Ferrari, i may accept but i would sell the Ferrari and get the supra again and with extra cash!!:D

Always wanted the supra, loved the look of them and the power to go with it, bought a mitsubishi fto gpx first just to get started into the tuning and get experience driving a performance car then sold it 4 years later, then got the supra, the rest is plain history, have not regreted getting the supra, still love driving her to this day.

Just about nine years ago I was out looking for M3 Evo's. Saw the MKIV, took a 400bhp one out for a test drive and have been hooked, ever since. The stock car and BPU were fun, but having big single powered car is in a totally different league, it makes every thing else look like its going backwards. The raw power is such a rush. I really like the stock body look with factory spats and skirts as it make the car look lower to the ground. I have spent a small fortune on the car, the only thing I would do differently would be to go straight to the big single stage and miss out all the other levels.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

I was searching for a starlet on autotrader and got distracted.....;)

lol best one yet.

Im not too sure where to be honest. I dont think it was from the fast and furious. and if thats what spawned my interest it definately wasnt that bodykit lol.

I've always wanted one since I saw 3 black supras they used for Highway Patrol squad back where I came from (Indonesia) in 1995.

Couldn't afford it back then.

Bought a white 96 SZR in 2003 and kept it standard till Feb this year, when I bought a NA-TT SZ to tidy up.

Just finished spending $10k (about the price of an old SZ standard) fixing the motor and it's now going well.

A bit on the expensive side, but took it on a B road thrash last weekend and boy $10k suddenly feels cheap :p

(and that's with a standard boost)

I basically had a set of criteria....I wanted a high powered RWD car with an LSD that could perform well on a track and also drive me around in relative comfort on long journeys.

I bought my Supra back in 1999 and never really thought about selling it over all these years.

Over the years I've driven MANY different cars on track and also on the road as part of my work or just for fun.

And I can definitely say that in terms of value for money and reliability for performance the Supra is one of the best cars to suit.

I've driven on track and the road anything from Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, BMW through to Caterhams and Lotus, TVR and Nobles etc. etc. And I can say that in terms of ownership and everyday drivability and relative performance that the Supra is very high up the ranks.

I know its no supercar in the modern sense of the word, but I would not be able to maintain the running costs of a supercar, whereas the Supra can provide some supercar performance it is certainly much easier to live with.

Shortly after I bought my second car, which was a Toyota Carina-E, I did a Google search for some tuning parts for it. Perhaps unsurprisingly, there wasn't the greatest selection available for that car and the websites that Google spat out were fairly spurious and had only the most tenuous links to what I'd searched for.

One of the websites it did throw up made reference to something called a Toyota Supra, which I'd never heard of before. Intrigued, I clicked the link and was greeted by page after page of one of the most stunning cars I'd ever seen! I forget the exact pictures that first piqued my curiosity, but I quickly did an image search for "Toyota Supra" and, on seeing these reults, my obsession began. I had no idea that Toyota had ever made a car quite like the Supra (let's face it, today they're more known for making mini-cabs and bland shit-mobiles...). I decided then that, one day, I would on one of these awesome-looking machines.

And now I do. And I love it! I'd definitely do it all over again if I had to, but actually, I love my car now, so it would have to be something epically tragic that would lead to me buying a different one and doing that. I know things change, but at this moment, I honestly can't see myself selling my beloved Suki for any amount of money.

I can't think of any other car that can give so many thrills, wrapped up in a muscular body that still looks good by modern standards, for so little outlay. I would recommend to anyone to buy a Supra, but for the fact I like that it's such a rare car so I kind of feel like I'm in a little clique! Every other car on the road in London is a Porsche and there are also any number of Astons and Ferraris, but to see a Supra is something special and I often notice random people looking at my car and trying to work out what the hell it is! That must be the show-off in me!

THAT'S why a Supra...

Guest willismaximus

Well I knew I wanted RWD and after owning an S13 a couple of years back and loving it I had planned on getting another until my mate 'Hulse' got his N/A, after having a go of that I fell in love.

I decided that given that I was going to be using it for commuting at the time the N/A was a good compromise of looks/power etc

But now I've bought myself a frugal little surrender monkey diesel to commute to work and back in it means I no longer have to consider the economy side of running the Supra..... can anyone say "TT engine transplant some time in the future?" :eyebrows: