The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Sunny Yorkshire!!

Guest Ben218

Guest Ben218

Hi all Ben here,

Just thought I would say hi, I have always wanted a nice Jap car but as I am 23 with only 1 years NCB (was named before then) I have refused to pay the silly insurance quotes that companies were always after. Anyway myself and my dad are in the middle of setting up our own business and with that will come a company insurance policy so I thought once we are up and running I would treat myself to a Jap weekend car.

Before I purchased by current car (Clio 172) I joined the Cliosport forum and found there help, advise, general banter a great help in making my purchase.

I spent hours thinking R33 GTR or Supa and when I made my mind up it was not soon before I changed it again! Anyway my mind is now 100% made and I'm getting the skyline!......lol only kidding.

For me the only choice would be the 6 speed TT but I am aware there are different versions of this...?

I had set a £10k personal budget for one and try make a few changes with what money is left, maybe putting a little more into it over the course of the year but as the "company" will now be buying the car I will have a decent amount of cash to unleash the potential of this awsome machine.:D

I have a bit of knowledge in tuning but no where near enough to even think of doing more than fitting an exhaust!! I am more the "know what is does but doesnt know how to make it do it" type of person so I let the professionals do that bit!

What type of figures do you think will be made with a forged re build and a decnet single turbo conversion (other mods to suit)?

I am not after a 1000hp drag car but if I am investing around £8k into tuning I would expect it to be up a few bhp on stock. I am sure most people on here will be in the same situation and work damn hard for their money and dont want some dodgey guy ripping you off and leaving you to spend even more so I will probably look to buy (and probably get most the work done) at Whifbitz as I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Over the next year I will be parting with a lot of hard earned cash, I am in no rush and willing to wait for the right car to come along and I am sure all you great people will help me on the way and during Supra ownership.

I am sure you are sick of reading this now so I will finish with one more question...... do you think all the time, effort and money you have put into you Supra was worth it and would you do anything different knowing what you know now??

Thanks in advance.

Ben

I'm a newbie too, but have had a supra for 4 years now. One word of advice is to read as much as you can about the various ways you can change the BHP on your car and decide what you want from it. The supra has a fantastic stock engine and requires minor tweaks for a rewarding returns in BHP. One thing is for sure, you will find people who think they know what there doing but don't and there are some who just want to make money from you. Remember when you upgrade one part think about the effect it will have on another standard part. This will avoid you running out of cash and wanting to sell your baby lol enjoy the car it's one hell of a machine...