The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Tested and very happy

toyotasupra1980

At jap fest today i decided to put my supra on the dyno for the first time, people were were asking me what to expect and i said would be happy with 400bhp and the least being 380bhp, paid my £45 the guys setup everything stuck my car on the rollers and off it went , the result an impressive 385.1bhp running at 1.1 bar of boost and 344.9 ftlb Torque, considering its an auto and running on stock ceramic turbo's and still with 1 cat on i am very happy and its powerful.:D:D:D:D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a CAT in at 1.1bar will cause higher Exhaust Gas temps, not 90 but around 700-800 oC is expected, any higher could be an issue

there are no issues with car, she is running sound but i am considering to up the bhp on the supra in the future, i know better injectors will help and swapping the ceramic turbo to the uk spec turbo's will help, also a full de-cat.

there are no issues with car, she is running sound but i am considering to up the bhp on the supra in the future, i know better injectors will help and swapping the ceramic turbo to the uk spec turbo's will help, also a full de-cat.

You don't know that mate, with a cat fitted and the boost your mention the egt's could (and will likely) be through the roof. You *need* to decat when raising boost that high. Do not take shortcuts or you will seriously shorten the life of your engine. FFS, how many times do you have to be told this!

PS: I couldn't care less to be honest but it's just a shame that you are likely to be damaging your car for no good reason, other than listening to this supposed "expert" tuner which no one has ever heard of before.

Ahh ok thats fine then, they checked the AFR's and EGT's at 1.1 bar on WOT, thank goodness for that

all precautions have been takn to make sure she is running at a safe level, powerfull but safe, i have used the information about going bpu from this owners club the only thing i have not done is go full de-cat it does also include the re-strictor ring to stop the boost from spiking.

all precautions have been takn to make sure she is running at a safe level, powerfull but safe, i have used the information about going bpu from this owners club the only thing i have not done is go full de-cat it does also include the re-strictor ring to stop the boost from spiking.

Mate first of all I am not having a go, not at all, Take it from an owner who has lost an engine it is not as simple as an MOT and service station saying all is ok when they have no EGT and AFR data, I am sure you are seeing high EGT's with a Cat in, this IS a risk thats all, if you are happy to up power at this risk fine, thats the risk you take for the gains !

You didn't follow the BPU guide then. You need to remove both cats, or have a 2nd high flow cat. Was the guide not clear enough?

Mate first of all I am not having a go, not at all, Take it from an owner who has lost an engine it is not as simple as an MOT and service station saying all is ok when they have no EGT and AFR data, I am sure you are seeing high EGT's with a Cat in, this IS a risk thats all, if you are happy to up power at this risk fine, thats the risk you take for the gains !

its ok i know your not having a go, what your saying is to get a second opinion on upping the power and to keep her at 385bhp cos it good and safe enough.

if you were in my position what would you do?

its ok i know your not having a go, what your saying is to get a second opinion on upping the power and to keep her at 385bhp cos it good and safe enough.

No in short

I would say your current 1.1bar 385bhp could be a risk now, I would get the 2nd Cat out now add a restrictor ring then get an AFR gauge to be safe beyond stock boost

No in short

I would say your current 1.1bar 385bhp could be a risk now, I would get the 2nd Cat out now add a restrictor ring then get an AFR gauge to be safe beyond stock boost

if i am going to get rid of the second cat, knowing me i am going to ask for a down pipe to be made.

and i also understand that with the 2nd cat out it make the exhaust more free flowing.

if i am going to get rid of the second cat, knowing me i am going to ask for a down pipe to be made.

Ok if you like, that has nothing to do with the safe running of your engine now though does it ?, 1.1 bar with a cat in is a risk and any garage worth its salt would have told you that rather than pushing BHP

Ok if you like, that has nothing to do with the safe running of your engine now though does it ?, 1.1 bar with a cat in is a risk and any garage worth its salt would have told you that rather than pushing BHP

she is going to be full de-catted just not yet, when i go into hyeline performance in 2 weeks to have my boost gauge fitted i will mention the opinions that have been brought up and begin to take steps.

she is going to be full de-catted just not yet, when i go into hyeline performance in 2 weeks to have my boost gauge fitted i will mention the opinions that have been brought up and begin to take steps.

How do you know its running 1.1 bar without a boost gauge then?

I would be very careful with your right foot until you get

A full de cat

An AFR gauge

An EGT Gauge

A boost controller

A boost gauge

:)

How do you know its running 1.1 bar without a boost gauge then?

I would be very careful with your right foot until you get

A full de cat

An AFR gauge

An EGT Gauge

A boost controller

A boost gauge

:)

i have a blitz nur spec 2 boost control and it has been setup to run at that bar.