The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post JapFest 2009 discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like I'm the first...

Had a great day, despite the best efforts of the weather.

I wish I'd taken more pics, but short of having a waterproof camera (at least towards the start of the day) it may have ended tragically!

Here's some of what I did take though (er, some may be slightly narcissistic from a car-owner's point of view!):

100_9440.JPG

100_9443.JPG

100_9446.JPG

100_9448.JPG

100_9450.JPG

Just got back now. I thought the weather was ok tbh, better than what was forecast yesterday. God knows how but me and my little boy are sunburnt lol. Was a good day, some nice cars about.

One thing that suprised me was the speed and handling of those toyota starlet turbo's. I saw one taking out a r33 gtr on the track :thumbs:

Didn't really get to say hi to anyone apart from chingy(?) as my car wasn't ready to come down in. Saw the club stand but you feel like a cock walking up to people you don't know (when it might not even be their car lol).

Roll on next year :)

Had a good day again this year, many thanks to Lui for organizing a good convoy again all be it a slightly wet one nice to meet new members again, sadly this will be my last meet this year as going to the gulf for seven months on monday but bigger and better things for the soop next year;) so cheers and take care everybody.

Chris

Had a great day, really enjoyed it. And to think I was so close to not coming because of weather forcast last night.

The only bad point was the police waiting outside, 300 yards from the exit pulling me and other people in because of our number plates. Thats me been pulled twice in the last week and this time the Bloody filth gave me a £30 fine.

First thing tomorrow getting myself down to halfords and getting some plates coz that's the last time I'm giving them an easy excuse to pull me in.

Hope none of you guys got pulled.

Had a really good day, nice to see so many supras on our stand again this year, well done everyone. Many thanks to all those who organised today especially lui for sorting out my ticket problems, i cant thank you enough. roll on next year....

On a different note, I was standing basically right in front of the Drift Works S13 when it stacked on the first drift demo. The accident stopped the drifting for the rest of the demo while they picked bits of the car off the track and assessed the ArmCo; the car looked pretty battered, but it drove off ok and the driver seemed fine.

I got a vid of it, more by luck than by judgment as with so many of these things. Check it out

On a different note, I was standing basically right in front of the Drift Works S13 when it stacked on the first drift demo. The accident stopped the drifting for the rest of the demo while they picked bits of the car off the track and assessed the ArmCo; the car looked pretty battered, but it drove off ok and the driver seemed fine.

I got a vid of it, more by luck than by judgment as with so many of these things. Check it out

we saw that car coming back to the pit area its exhaust was about 8inchs shorter pretty well bashed rear end

Forgot to post a reply earlier :D

Great day out despite the rain during the first couple of hours. Some good track action today and the cars on the club stand looked superb. Was nice to catch up with many people I've not seen for a long time!

Many thanks to Lui for the lift today, love the way your car goes, was fun being in the convoy and Jamie's driving was as entertaining as always :D That was a bit of a close one on the way back when that car nearly went into you J. :blink:

Also thanks Lui for the hard work organising the day for the club. Most of you won't know how many dozens of hours Lui spent to make the tickets and club stand work so smoothly.

Also thanks to Gatso, Mawby and Genna for sorting out the cub stand, was much more organised that last year :thumbs:

Roll on JapShow :D

When was that? i never saw it eitherway:d

When you went past Chingy and Lui on the way back and acar drifted into your lane, Looked like you had to go over the rumble strip, certainly sent up a cloud of dust!

When you went past Chingy and Lui on the way back and acar drifted into your lane, Looked like you had to go over the rumble strip, certainly sent up a cloud of dust!

Ahh, that was just after i crunched my splitter in the petrol station and i was seriously pissed, never noticed him tbh, must have been the red mist:d