The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bigger Brakes are on at last...

Stratty

I recently changed my wheels from 17" to 19" and found that the j-spec brakes looked silly behind them so decided to upgrade.

I bought a set of brembos from a forum member and finally got them fitted this week.

The rears fitted onto the original mounts but the fronts were a different story. I was having a poblem with the bracket to get them to fit to the mounts but after a lot of time and patience, got it all done.

This is them now. I think they look great and the difference in braking is unreal, especially with the bigger disks.

I am just waiting on some new suspension to finish it off before I move onto the bodykit.

It will be either Ridox or Top Secret but am undecided at the moment. I have a carbon TRD spoiler already so am getting there slowly.

how much did you pay for the evo breaks?

if you don’t mind asking! :D

and looks lovely!! :eyebrows:

An Evo Holiday? WTF? :blink:

Before you all jump on the band wagon, these are less powerful than the official Toyota BRAKE kit. The 4-pot UK setup. They are also not a direct fit I would guess and would need new mounting brackets made.

However these should look better and work as well as (probably better than) j-specs.

Edited by Alex (see edit history)

God, before you all jump on the band wagon, these are less powerful than the official Toyota BRAKE kit. The 4-pot UK setup.

However these should look better and work as well as (probably better than) j-specs.

...... and they cost me a hell of a lot less than the UK set-up including the disks.. :D

The braking is easily better than the j-spec set-up.

So if you're looking for some 4 pot callipers from something other than a Supra, can they be off more or less anything, I.E Integra DC5, Impreza, Evo as you need to have brackets made for them anyway don't you? Or are only certain models suitable due the size of the discs they can take etc.

So was it just the brackets that were the issue with yours? Did you have some made up? or did you do them yourself?

So many questions :blush:

Edited by Kev_A (see edit history)

So if you're looking for some 4 pot callipers from something other than a Supra, can they be off more or less anything, I.E Integra DC5, Impreza, Evo as you need to have brackets made for them anyway don't you? Or are only certain models suitable due the size of the discs they can take etc.

So was it just the brackets that were the issue with yours? Did you have some made up? or did you do them yourself?

So many questions :blush:

I really couldn't tell you which ones could fit but am sure one of the more knowledgable members here will be able to tell you.

The bracket was the biggest issue as the vein of the caliper would hit against the mount. Took a while to sort out but it all worked out fine in the end.

The DC5 brembo's aren't that great so I certainly wouldn't be going for those on a Supra.

I think quite a few normal cars that came with brembo's as standard suffer from this. My friend had a 406 coupe 3.0litre v6 and it had brembos on the front if it and they where shocking. I think manufacturers pay for the rights to use the name rather than asking brembo to design an amazing brake system for them.

Cool, I take it they were j-specs? So to upgrade the rear its just a case of get a hold of some evo rear calipers and pads and they will bolt straight on? Thanks for the info aswel :thumbs:

Yeah, they bolted straight onto the original mounts using j-spec rear disks.