The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shes not happy with the supra

supra_si

My new female aquiantance isnt happy with my supra.

Apparently i need to grow up and act like a proper 28yo and not like a 20yo boy racer.

Clearly she doesnt have a clue although once in it she was like mmmm its not bad inside.

I think she may be jealous as she drives an oldish SLK.

But it does make me think should i sell my beloved toy of 15 months :-(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 42 and love mine - we men never grow up, women know that. If they can't handle it. tough! Keep the car, ditch the bint! If a woman ever makes you feel like deciding between the two, you're with the wrong woman.

Love me, love my car!!

Well i'm 64 in a few weeks boys and there is no way i'd sell mine, if i did the wife would think i was ready to lay down and die!!

If i offered to replace it with a Merc she'd think i was already dead;);)

PS. Keep a watch out for dictators,

I have the same with my miss's, I got the car for me but to justify buying it I got it on her Bday. Said it was her Bday present, But really it was my toy lol :) the only problem is she has to insure it as I carn't afford to as have no NCB she has 5 years. And she has to own the car for the insurance, she is always saying how much she dont like it, she only drives it to work and back then I do the rest of the driving. but she is always complaining about it lol if someone give me a supra I would be creaming in my pants but my miss's just complains :). and the other problem I have is she is on about buying another car just for herself that would leave me to insure the supra on my own but would be around £4000 instead of the £900 we are paying atm :(

Bunny boiler you have there mate, dump her asap, the supra is your bit of joy and she is trying to get it out of your life so she can make you miserable lol.

Tell her your 43 friend in the club has a proper Merc e.g. CLK 55 AMG and still knows his supra is the better car, especially for the experienced track driver.

Her head is firmly up her arse. German scrap she drives just waiting to give her electricial trouble and suspensions woes lmao.

If my girl said such stuff about my Supra it would be over there and then!

Next time she makes comment on the Supe, tell her "its not a matter of life and death. its more important tnan that"

That will shut her up. Must be a common theme with Merc driving women, cos my 24yr old daughter asks me why I drive a Supe instead of Jag/BM, blah,shit,blah.....

Alot of the people I work with don't like my supra either, they liked my celica but they think the supra is over the top and they call it the plastic rocket :(, some people have no idea. I bought the supra because I always wanted one, stuff everyone else :D

in our convo last night, baring in mind that she is an old friend and we have decided to be a little more.

she just thinks that its a waste of money and that if i wanted a sports car i should have bought a ferrari, only cos her sisters fella is minted and has one.

Lil old me has to do with what wage i get and the best i can with it.

I think she wants me to get something a lil more sophisticated like an M3 e46.

God what to do dilemmas

in our convo last night, baring in mind that she is an old friend and we have decided to be a little more.

she just thinks that its a waste of money and that if i wanted a sports car i should have bought a ferrari, only cos her sisters fella is minted and has one.

Lil old me has to do with what wage i get and the best i can with it.

I think she wants me to get something a lil more sophisticated like an M3 e46.

God what to do dilemmas

Is she all badge perchance? Does she buy designer gear? High and maintenance spring to mind.

TBH you're in a no win situation. Crumble and she'll know she can demand anything and win - you're under the thumb. Stick with it and she'll hate it the car.

I hate to say it but the older "well used/loved" examples of the breed do look dated and tatty...not commenting on yours as I've not seen it. But if it's past its best I can understand her view. But only if she has SENSIBLE suggestions that don't break the bank. If she's a dreamer who really wants the life of a WAG then move along.