The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AFR sensor location

trinitom

Guest dadd
Hi fellas

can any one tell me the best place to fit my afr sensor?

thanks.

AFR gauges sensor go to sechand decat pipe and you might need to drill the hole and welding. ;)

Some of decat it already got O2 sensor for incase if you need need gauge.

I bought 2.5 decat with 02 sensor from Chris Wison which is very good qaulity and it cost me 130quid that bargain! :D

Depends on the sensor. If it is a wideband kit there should be settings in the software/instructions on where to put it. On my Innovate it can be put in the headers, at the collector/downpipe or in the tailpipe of the car.

If it is a narrow band/ factory sensor then it should go where the old one used to be.

In general though I would say put it in the downpipe collecter

I have no experience of the PLX unit, what sensor does it use?

I use the Innovate with a Bosch sensor, and i know from experience that the sensors don't like it to hot, so i always use the second decat, but its up to you, if you get overheat errors, you can always move it;)

I have no experience of the PLX unit, what sensor does it use?

I use the Innovate with a Bosch sensor, and i know from experience that the sensors don't like it to hot, so i always use the second decat, but its up to you, if you get overheat errors, you can always move it;)

it is a Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor

on the installation manual:

mount the wideband oxygen sensor before the catalyst converter and at least 24 inches downstream from your engine block or turbo for optimal performance.

the sensor element will fail if it is exposed to exhaust temperatures above 850 deg Celsius. bla bla bla.....

so i presume the best location will be on the 1st cat?

or is temp too hot for the sensor?

Same sensor, and IMO first decat is less than 24" away from turbo (presuming its STD) anyway its your call mate, like i said you can always move it, but if you want to take sound advice stick with the second, its up to you.

thanks, i will take you advice!

can you just tell me in with sector?

meddle, next to the box?

Its really a case of looking to see where you have enough space to avoid the sensor touching anything when the pipework moves about, and also as i said it needs to be between 9 o/c and 3 o/c, mine is on the last bend before it joins with the system, there is also a rubber bung in the GB tunnel that you can get sensor through, so the wiring can go inside.

Its really a case of looking to see where you have enough space to avoid the sensor touching anything when the pipework moves about, and also as i said it needs to be between 9 o/c and 3 o/c, mine is on the last bend before it joins with the system, there is also a rubber bung in the GB tunnel that you can get sensor through, so the wiring can go inside.

ok, thanks very much for you help! :thumbs: