The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to site, new to Supra's.

King_Chris

Hey. Just looking for a little advice, if possible.

I've never had a Supra before, but always wanted one from the moment I was thrashed by one. I was out in my Fiesta ST a few years ago. 2.0 (Non turbo) (150bhp). It was my first real car and was quite proud of it. A mini cooper S was attempting to keep up with me, even though it had more power, either the car's top end was slower, or the guy driving it wasn't prepared to go any faster than 125 while I was hitting my top speed of 135mph. I heard a ripping noise. Thinking it was the Cooper S or something wrong with my car, I let go of the accelerator and before I knew it, a Supra flew past me at an incredible speed. I don't want to guess what speed it was travelling, but it was easily 155+. From that moment on, I've been looking for Supra's and believe I have found the perfect one for me.

It's a non-turbo (Cheaper for insurance purposes). comes with Full Veilside bodykit, 18 inch Kochi alloys, dvd / cd pop out screen, full tinted windows (Minus the front wind-screen obviously) and it's lately had the head and clutch done.

Is there anything I should specifically look for, before handing over the cash for the car?

I'm not a mechanical whiz-kid or anything like that.. I'm trying to get my brother to come down with me to view the car (He's a mechanic) but he won't be in the country. I want to wait til he gets back, but I'm worried the car could be sold by then.

A little help would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

Chris.

Is there any specific companies that deal with young drivers under the age of 25?

I'm 22 and don't have a no-claims bonus. So, the insurance will be high for me. I'm not too bothered about the insurance though, I will be able to afford it.

Just wondering if there is any other companies, apart from using the likes of comparethemarket and other insurance company search engines.

Thanks.

Is there anything I should specifically look for, before handing over the cash for the car?

I'm not a mechanical whiz-kid or anything like that.. I'm trying to get my brother to come down with me to view the car (He's a mechanic) but he won't be in the country. I want to wait til he gets back, but I'm worried the car could be sold by then.

A little help would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

Chris.

The best advice is spend a lot of time researching looking through this site, also attend meets (look in calender) by doing this you will get a feel for them and able to talk to members etc. There are basic guides on here too, as to what to look for when buying and model differences.

Do not just buy the first Supra you see, post it up on here for opinions etc. It can take ages and sometimes you can get a right bargain if you just wait. I rushed in and bought a dog, well covered up with a bodykit, cost me thousands.

If insurance is a worry then why not look for a stock bodied one? You can also get Surpa's with factory fitted (OEM) Sideskirts and rear spats, as they are factory fitted then it does not put insurance up. Also then you can after a while and got some NCD you can put on a bodykit if you wish.

Do a lot of research, it will pay off.

bell.co.uk are good.

Quoted me about £1400 on 2.NCB at 19yrs old.

just make sure you are quoting a import (Jspec) car, as the UK versions are a lot cheaper to insure, i was quoted 650quid at 21 for a UK car