The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Supra nut

rider

Hi all - just joined in and see I'm too late for the Jap fest get together. Maybe next year? I've owned both a Mk III and Mk IV turbo Supra, the latter being an import 96' N plate RZ 6 speed twin turbo that I purchased in 1999. I doubt if many have owned their Supras for as long as I have; now over 10 years.

My Supra has never missed a beat and the engine still kicks out 326bhp (rolling road test last year). Only maintenance beyond oil and filters its ever needed is tyres (32), brake pads (4 sets front and 2 rear), brake discs (front and back), exhaust (2 sets, latter a ss large bore unit), headlight units (yellowed), a/c condenser (holed) and radiator (corroded) . Not bad for a 13 year old car that's about to glide past the 100k milepost. It's always been fed Halfords fully synthetic oil and standard RON unleaded fuel without so much as a hiccup.

Fastest I've ever had the car for extended periods is 158 mph on the gauge (limiter max) on several trips along the Autobahn in the years of 2000 - 2002.

Thanks for the comments and wishes all. I have attached a picture of the Super car (the name given to it by my daughter when she was 2 and couln't say Supra). I'm sure anyone regularly around Shrewsbury will have seen the car touring round over the last decade.

The picture I've attached was taken in 2000. The car still looks as good and I have been told by a professional valeter that it wouldn't take much toothbrush work to get up to show condition. Doubt I'll ever sell the car, it'll probably get put under wraps and placed into storage reserved for an occasional outing when I buy a second 'weekend' fun car. Have to say I may be tempted by the new Nissan GTR in the absence of the next generation Supra.

SUPRA_PIC1.jpg