The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on price please - buying

Guest jap_pimp

Guest jap_pimp

Hi guys, i've seen what appears to be a very nice 95 NA but it looks a bit pricey to me. I don't mind paying over the average for a mint car but based on what i've read on here and seen advertised shouldn't this be about £4-4.5k ?

I'll be travelling a long way to view it so don't want a wasted journey.

Thanks in advance

Ad here http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1035765.htm

Always a bone of contention price, value and worth! Compared to other NAs currently for sale it seems expensive but it does 'look' like a well cared for example. Price, at the end of the day, is dependent on what you're willing to pay for the 'right' car. It does look sweet - subtle mods, well looked after etc. Does it tick every one of your wants on your checklist? Colour, spec, mileage, mods, wheels etc? It's easy when you're looking for a Supe to get drawn into buying one quickly because you're so keen to have one! I've been there and I'm sure many others on here have been. Also remember that prices on places like PH and Autotrader etc are essentially starting prices - never pay the sticker price, always haggle. A wad of notes in the hand when bartering always sways a deal!

Perhaps a member on here knows it, of it or even owned it! Might even get one to pop and have a look for you if you ask nicely enough!!

Personally I'd pay no more than £4K for a really well looked after NA as you can get TTs for that price.

Oh, and potentially welcome to the fold!!

If you're keen on really buying one, pay a tenner, join here and browse the For Sale section - best place to start when buying is on here from a well known member.

Stacks of really valuable advice on here - some members know more than Toyota themselves (we find ourselves swinging off their nuts quite a lot!!!)

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

That does seem like a lot of cash for the car, but as Ellis says it's completely down to how good the car is.

I'd be offering £4.5k for it anyway and seeing what he says.

IMO you'd be much better off looking for one on here with a known history.

Guest jap_pimp

Thanks guys, £4500 was what I thought if it's mint. Doesn't seem to be many in the for sale section on here at the moment. Was hoping someone might know of that car.