The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for fitting JDL kit and respray?

SupraRider

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anybody can help me on this. Like to get a few folks who's been through a good bodyshop that had fitted JDL kit plus a full respray on a supe recently?

I like to know how much did it cost you in total?

Did you face any problems at all fitting this kit?

I was adviced against blending this kit onto the existing body of the supe. Is this true?

Thanks for the help in advance.

From what I have seen on the forums it fits well. Some one on here has fitted one. Do a search.

Re body shops.... find one that is trusted and actually knows what it is going. Also always pay by credit card not by cash. I got screwed over by a company and they made a right mess. Only go by recommendation but how good their website/web presence is.

Blending brings up issues of cracking as the body flexes slightly on the road, under stress and over bumps. The more 'rigid' you make the framework (ie. blending panels together) the more likely you'll get cracking as the car flexes.

Thank you yes that is a good point to note. Although aesthetically it will look nicer blended but I take your point.

Without a doubt it looks good but you do read a fair few threads on here from people with blended kits that have cracked and split quite quickly. Don't want you to spend good money on a job that will need redoing in 6 months!:)